• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So, you got some cool swag...

JLW

CCA Members
So, you went to the Big Fish Deal, and you got some cool swag.
You won a raffle, you picked up really cool magazine, you got some fish food, you've got a t-shirt.
Maybe you bought a really cool fish in the Rare Fish Auction?

Now what?

Guys, events like this depend strongly on those donations, and those donations help fund the club. As someone who asks for donations from companies a lot, and someone who is asked for donations a lot, let me tell you... a thank you from some members goes A LONG WAY.

Please take a minute or two over the next few weeks and send a short thank you note to the people who donated stuff. Google the company if you need to, but buzz off a little e-mail. Post something on their Facebook wall. Say thank you, tell them how much you liked their product -- whatever it is. If its your introduction to the company tell them that. "Hey, I won some fish from Batfish Aquatics at the BFD, thank you so much! I wasn't aware of your company, but after enjoying these delicious Dolphin Barbs, I'll be sure to look more into your availability."

Just take a minute and send a thank-you.

It's the easiest way you can help out not only this club, but the hobby as a whole.

chriscoli

Administrator
100% yes! I do send out thank you notes from the club, but an extra comment from you will go a long way toward letting them know that their donations are worth the time. These companies sends us stuff to get the word out about their products, let's let them know that it's effective.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, companies are much more willing to keep sending donations if they know that people enjoy receiving them. They're trying to reach new people and solicit future business, so hearing from those people is the best sign that their donations worked the way they wanted them to. Thanks for the heads up Josh, as Christine said, we do our best to thank our donors, but hearing from the people who walked out with them is even better.

Thanks to Batfish for all of their awesome donations!

FishEggs

JLW JLW
Hey, I bought some fish from Batfish Aquatics at the BFD, thank you so much! I was aware of your company, but after enjoying these delicious Synodontis waterloti, I'll be sure to look more into your availability.
But seriously, Thanks Josh, for all you do. You're an awesome dude.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Great idea Josh. It does sort of 'grease the wheel' for future donations as we plan this event next time around.

Also, if there is a really cool fish-related product, shop, vendor, etc. that you have share that with the group, it's another possible donor/sponsor relationship that could be created.