• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So who is going to the OCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
And its cheap.
As stated in another post, the hotel is like $65.00 per night.
There is a bar in the place, decent food in the hotel, and the banquet is some pizza that is included in your registration to the event. Nothing fancy.

You will find a keg in the hospitality room late at night along with some chips and usually some hotdogs and chilli.

There are a ton of places to get food within approx. 1 mile.
There is a mall up the street.
There is a grocery store at the mall that sells beer. lol.

The rock n Roll hall of fame is like a 25 minute drive. We hit that one year. Went on Friday am. Not bad.

It starts Friday but I always drive out on Thursday morning and get settled. I also stay Sunday night in the hotel so I can stay at the auction. One year it went from 10 am to around 1 am the next morning. Tons........And they were flying. Not like a meeting auction.

There is always the possibilty of snow. Just check out my post from last year. lol Not bad though.
Its more laid back than the ACA convention. Its all catfish and cichlids.
There are usually a ton of people selling fish.
Kens fish will be there with his large assortment of fish supplies.

Its just fun.... lol can you tell? lol

If you want to enter fish into the show you do have to take your own tanks. Or purchase one from them. Thats a little different than most places but thats about it.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Not me :( Too many medical bills :(

Ah, now there's a downer. Less fun for the rest of us and Davis certainly won't be there.

I will be there because I know all the things Pat posted are understatements. I have been going longer than Pat and this is the best event for the money in the whole country, bar none. Sure it isn't the ACA but it is more cost effective. At six hours it is close and with a little carpooling the trip can be fun. At $65 a night you don't even need a roommate unless . . . . well let's keep it clean and not get into that.

The fish show pays cash awards for first, second, and third. I seem to remember that best of show gets like a hundred bucks? Is that right Pat or didn't you ever win it? You should have. Fish sales from your room are a major part of this event and I have more than paid for my trip in some of my past participations with fish sales. I plan to do so this year with Altifrons (if you want one they are $10 each, just like at OCA) and Vics. If you aren't going you need an irate wife/husband (I had to add husband later. I'm trying to get less sexist. Difficult at my age) or a death in the family to justify it. If it's money stopping you just come to my room for a beer. If I'm not there just come to Eric's and Regina's and I'll give you one of their's.

Join us!! It is a blast.

You will never have more fun with all your clothes on again.

If you can't figure out my mood this evening, I sure hope she can.

George

Cartel

Members
I would be in for sure but would need to car pool. Anyone wanna carpool and split a room? Im good with crashing on a couch. Passed out in worse places before lol

fischfan13

Banned
Lemme see...

10/10 ECC Auction...I was there

10/16-10/19 Aquafest...I was there

10/24-25...NJAS Fall Show...I will be there

11/1...Open House, Mark Denaro's Anubias Design...I will be there

11/14...CCA Meeting...I will be there

11/21-22...OCA Auction...If I go I will be asking for a good divorce attorney. Have fun, I think I am sitting this one out.:rolleyes:

Actually on 11/21 I will be running a Group Buy from Doug Conklings Reserve Stock Cichlids, with shipments being flown to Philly and Baltimore...more to come.

Jumbie

Members
I have to ask him, I cannot remember! I just remember laughing, lol

I am hoping so, he really liked going to the aquafest :)

His aka name was Mr. Delicate and we all remember mine lol... Chris George is right buddy you have nothing to worry about the apistos won't hurt the discus and the discus will most defiantly eat the baby apistos.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

I wouldn't mind going, however, would be a HECK of a trip. I wanted to go last year but just didn't have the time. I have licensure exams that week that need to be taken so I don't know. These tests are 5-7 hours long so we'll see.

Really wanna go to another show SOON!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
His aka name was Mr. Delicate and we all remember mine lol... Chris George is right buddy you have nothing to worry about the apistos won't hurt the discus and the discus will most defiantly eat the baby apistos.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Thats right Nut Boy!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thats right, Mr. Delicate and Nut Boy. How could I forget.

lol

George, I hear they are trying to come up with a way to discourage people from selling from the room and trying to get the fish in the vendor rooms. We will see. I know the bigger vendors would rather have the traffic in the vendor room but to me thats 1/2 of the fun out there. Going from room to room. Floor to floor looking for treasures.