• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Snow Day!

mchambers

Former CCA member
Anyone got aquarium plans for this wonderful snow day? Can't believe my office is closed, but maybe I'll finish (or at least make a dent) reorganizing my fishroom.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I can't believe that the US Army closed Fort Detrick (at 10:30 last night, no less). We've only got 3 or 4 inches of snow here in Frederick.

I'm going to try to get a little bit of work done from the house then get some water changes done.

chriscoli

Administrator
I just got off a telecon with some colleagues in southern maryland.....they got a lot more than I did in MoCo.

snow day=waterchange catch-up day!

Matt, I have also been reorganizing the fishroom. I started yesterday and will hopefully get to finish, now! (I've come to realize that I have a stupid amount of old Chinese takeout containers....the round plastic ones...hoarded away!).

mchambers

Former CCA member
I didn't do water changes last weekend, because I was out of town, but was thinking I'd just hold off until the weekend, in hopes of stimulating spawning. Maybe I should go ahead and do them today.

I've got some of those carryout containers, too. Great for live food!

I'm amazed that everything is closed, but I guess the snow is far worse south of D.C. Here in the northern part of the District, we've only got 4-5 inches. Easiest shoveling I've ever had on a day when the federal gummint is closed.

Getting to work would have been difficult, especially with the metro buses not running.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I got half of my water changes done yesterday. Hope to get the rest today. We finally got snow on the shore! Dying to take the kids out to play. The only other snow we got this winter it all melted by noon. We made snowmen with three snowballs and ran out of snow!?!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Snow day?
LOL Im at work.
I did some water changes on Saturday. The side walk at the bottom of the hill is covered in ice as is my yard on that one side of the house. Hope no one steps on the snow at the top of the hill. LOL They will not stop till they land in the road at the bottom with the ice under there.
We got 4 or so inches at my house. Not enough to stay home but enough to fire up the snow blower at 630 in the morning. My neighbors probably love me.

JasonC

Members
Snow day for me means work from home... though I'm distracted enough that I may venture out anyways. too much to get done!

spazmattik

Members
I was going to wait to build a stack stand for a 125 and 75 but i may go ahead and set the 75 back up today if my reseal worked.. :p

Tangcollector

Staff member
Recalled for snow yesterday. Have not been home since. Looks like yesterday was a fasting day for the kids.

Digital

Members
Got my snow shoveled! Time to whine about my sore back!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Snow day means sleeping in! Just got out of bed. Time to start water changes.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Turned shoveling into a game with the daughter I shoveled and she attempted to salt the walk way. Water changes and catch up on homework.

Greg that sucks how's Dulles looking? I hope you got to go home this morning.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Buy a snowblower. You will never want to shovel again. I was done cleaning my drive way and my neighbors (and those of you who have been here know that I've got a lot of driveway) by 8:30.

Worth every penny.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Buy a snowblower. You will never want to shovel again. I was done cleaning my drive way and my neighbors (and those of you who have been here know that I've got a lot of driveway) by 8:30.

Worth every penny.

Oh yeah. I will never live without one again.

Localzoo

Board of Directors

Worth every penny.

I think it worth it if you have a large driveway and paved area. But those of us with small areas... Might be over kill