• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Small In Stock List

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Folks,

Like most of you, I've had an abundance of extra time, with the usual "fun" things being somewhat less available. I've been spending a lot more time in the fishroom, and over the past several months, have rebuilt the Batfish system. We're starting to bring in fish again, in limited quantities and varieties, but expect to have a lot of the same fun stuff we carried before, and regularly again. We have the following fish available for local pickup this week. We'll resume shipping the week after Thanksgiving, but this is your chance to jump on these really cool fishes!

Availability, Week of 11/22

{Cichlids}
Tuba Cichlid, 2-3" -- $29.99

{Catfish}
Rubberlip Pleco -- $3.99
Brochis sp. "Really Big" -- $24.99, 6+ @ $19.99 (These guys are pushing 6" TL)
Blue Phantom Pleco, Small -- $59.99

{Characins}
Spotted Headstanders -- $3.99 SALE 5 for $12
Bloodfin Tetra -- $2.99, 6+ @ $1.99
Diptail Pencil -- $2.99, 6+ @ $1.99
Spotted Hatchets, Ginormous -- $8.99, 6+ @ $7.99 (I've never seen hatchets this big -- they're about 3").
Piorski's Dwarf Tetra -- $2.99, 6+ @ $2.49
Slender Chameleon Tetra -- $9.99
Blue Tetra, LG -- $5.99, 12+ @ $4.99

{Other Fish}
Friendly Puffer (Amazon Puffer) -- $12.99

Becca

Members
Any idea what the scientific name is for Piorski's Dwarf Tetra?
Hyphessobrycon piorskii. Photos don't do this fish justice (probably because most of the photos you'll find are of preserved specimens). I picked up a handful and they're quite lovely - about the size of Ember tetras. Now that they've colored up, I wish I'd taken more.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
Hyphessobrycon piorskii. Photos don't do this fish justice (probably because most of the photos you'll find are of preserved specimens). I picked up a handful and they're quite lovely - about the size of Ember tetras. Now that they've colored up, I wish I'd taken more.
I eventually figured out that was the scientific name, but thank you for the input! I suppose I have a decision to make now ;-)

JLW

CCA Members
To me, they look a bit like Rick Moranis's version of a red phantom tetra. They've got a similar pattern and color, but they're in the body of Hy. amandae.