• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Silly Question

Becca

Members
So, as some of you know, my "Christmas Present" was an 8-month old puppy who I will be working towards competitive obedience titles with. That's right, like oh-so-many people at CCA, I am a dog person and a fish person. Believe it or not, I walked into the breeder's house (with Fran, who navigated for me), and found every bookshelf covered with planted nano aquariums. Go-figure.

Gunnr and I need to get started on obedience classes later this month. These classes will probably be Saturdays at 11:30 AM in Elkridge, MD. This is a notable distance from my house and the only way I could continue to make it to meetings would be to bring Gunnr with me (that's if I can even get my hubby to agree to watch the kids that long).

Before I just show up and do this, I wanted to ask if it's even OK. If I have to miss a couple of months worth of meetings while we start our obedience classes, I suppose I'll live, but I figured it was worth asking, plus meetings would be a fabulous opportunity for the little miss (yes, Gunnr is a miss, look up your Norse mythology, or something) to get some socialization and have lots of different people feed her yummy treats.

I will stress here that she is NOT an assistance dog and I am not trying to pass her off as an assistance dog (though she's been very handy in helping to keep my floors, and kids, clean).

Becca

Members
Unfortunately, MoCo's Community Use of Public Facilities doesn't allow pets except service animals.

https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/CUPF/Resources/Files/FULA.pdf

10. Use Requirements/Restrictions. A. The following are prohibited in all Facilities, except as noted below: ...10. Animals, except service animals, unless approved by the principal or tenant organization.
Gotcha.
You do realize that the rule would technically also cover the critters we auction?

Not arguing, just that it's funny :p