• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting - Jackie Anderson - Project Piaba

chriscoli

Administrator
Next CCA Meeting
September 14th

Jackie Anderson
Project Piaba; How Home Aquarium Fish Can Conserve Rainforests

John F. Kennedy High School

1901 Randolph Rd, Glenmont, MD 20902

Schedule:

1:00 - Doors Open for Setup and Socializing

2:00 - Talk starts

3:00 - Prizes and Club Mini-Auction

Jackie Anderson is the Education Materials Coordinator for Project Piaba, a non-profit corporation made entirely of volunteers dedicated to fostering wild caught beneficial aquarium fish fisheries. Jackie is a life-long aquarium enthusiast and is passionate about fish-keeping, the environment, and promoting environmental stewardship. With Project Piaba, she helps spread the message of how wild caught aquarium fish fisheries can have a positive effect on the environment, and how the hobby of aquarium keeping can drive environmental conservation. As a former professional aquarist she has designed and helped maintain countless aquatic environments and the messaging people receive in conjunction with aquarium exhibits. Currently she maintains and operates aquatic animal life support systems, and keeps 9 aquariums and paludariums at her home.

Project Paiba.jpgProject Paiba 2.jpgproject paiba 3.jpg

mchambers

Former CCA member
Such a great presentation! Jackie Anderson is an engaging speaker. Project piaba is a fantastic and necessary organization.
Andrew,

You beat me to it! What a great presentation!

The substance of the presentation was wonderful, and Jackie is a great speaker whose passion comes through.

Thanks to the CCA Board for having her and for Joshua for doing the mini auction.

Matt

JLW

CCA Members
I've been peripherally involved with Piaba basically since its inception -- its good to hear so much about it, and to know that there's such a great spokesperson for it.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Definitely a great meeting and talk! The hand-carved wooden fish she donated were really cool, jealous that I didn't end up with any.

Neat to hear about active work being done to promote conservation in the Amazon in a sustainable manner.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I thought it was a very good presentation and I made sure to let Jackie know. Great choice.

Blaise