• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rock hunting or where to buy them in MD

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good. People show off their wild caught fish, I will show off my wild caught rocks! :D

How about the good ol' boiling them in hot water and hoping for the best they don't explode?

FishEggs

could use plain old white vinegar too. i dont think i would use the pumpkin spice bleach though. plain bleach is fine.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
They did, you get on the scale and they give you a thumbs up to get in. Note to self: don’t go there with dress shoes after a rainy day lol

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pickup!

Does anyone know if Irwin Stone have lava rock?

Dan, I did ask, the guy said they haven’t had lava rocks for the past 30 years. I’ve been looking for large lava rocks for a while and all I’ve found so far are the overpriced pieces at pet stores. I do buy the smaller pieces from Home Depot and use them as media in my HOB filters.

My Eco-complete substrate arrived today, I had no idea what they’re made of.. It’s crushed black lava rock with supposedly some fertilizer in it :D

CichlidDan

Members
Dan, I did ask, the guy said they haven’t had lava rocks for the past 30 years. I’ve been looking for large lava rocks for a while and all I’ve found so far are the overpriced pieces at pet stores. I do buy the smaller pieces from Home Depot and use them as media in my HOB filters.

My Eco-complete substrate arrived today, I had no idea what they’re made of.. It’s crushed black lava rock with supposedly some fertilizer in it :D
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve been trying to find it for a while.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. http://www.thestonestore.com/boulders
What size and how many were you looking for?

This should suffice :D

RED-LAVA-ROCK-BOULDER.jpg

Thank you Matt. The StoneStore will be my next stop.

FishEggs

you can smash up a bigger one but i dont recall seeing pieces at that size. they had small pieces ~1"-2". phone call wont cost nothing to find out.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Becca Becca Happy Birthday!

Becca

Members
Becca Becca Happy Birthday!

Thanks! Some variety of cory cat gave me an early gift last night with a nice sized pile of eggs. I'm guessing the gold lasers again, but it could be the pygmies.