RIP Pristine aquarium

spazmattik

Members
Unfortunately pristine aquarium closed its doors for good today. This really sucks for the people in virginia that really don't have many options as far as fish stores.. now the only two I know of are vienna aquarium and centreville aquarium (which has less tanks than most members of this club probably!).... sad day.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Can't say I've ever been to Pristine (I'm a Marylander...) but it's just so sad to see another LFS go out of business.

Matt

DBLN8

Members
I've been to it a few times (next to a home depot that I frequent for work) it seemed like a nice place, the staff was always pleasant and kept the tanks clean. Another loss for the hobby of fish keeping.

Thai

Members
Not surprised, fish were very overpriced, had gave them a few fish in the past hoping they could find them homes only to come back and see hundred dollar price tags on them....

YSS

Members
Not surprised, fish were very overpriced, had gave them a few fish in the past hoping they could find them homes only to come back and see hundred dollar price tags on them....

Somewhat agree with the sentiment...

spazmattik

Members
From the facebook post my girlfriend showed me, they have closed doors. Did not see any other posts about a clearance or anything. Maybe he just sold back to his sources.

Thai

Members
I gave them three 13" Midas/ blood parrot hybrid cichlids which they marked up to 150$ each and my friend went there and saw them knowing they were mine and asked why so pricey and they told him because they had to special order them!