• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Reusing waste water?

Acpape0

Members
Does anyone repurpose water change water for use in the garden?
Is this practical? I love my veggies and my fish maybe it can be a symbiotic relationship (well sorta)
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
I use it on house plants and sometimes flowers, but not stuff I'm going to eat... you know, just in case.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I also use buckets of tank water to clean my prefilters and, far less frequently, to clean my canisters, and then pour the sludge on various plants in my gardens. The plants seem to appreciate it, although I can't say it causes Giant Beanstalk effects or anything like that.

Acpape0

Members
Yep, same here!!!

I also re-use fish bodies by planting them in potted plants or burying them under rose bushes, etc. They make good fertilizer. Not that I like doing this, but if you lose 'em, you might as well use 'em.

Never thought of that .... "Pushing up daises"

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Yep, same here!!!

I also re-use fish bodies by planting them in potted plants or burying them under rose bushes, etc. They make good fertilizer. Not that I like doing this, but if you lose 'em, you might as well use 'em.

They make fish liquid type fertilizer stuff smells horrible but wrk well for veggies

Jeff721

Members
I built this box outside my window specifically for this purpose. I am going to put in some sort of gutter system to distribute the water better/more evenly.

wwdW0nk.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I pump all of the water from my tanks on the 2nd story out to the roof over my porch. The water collects in the gutter that dump into our flower beds. The plants love it!