• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Returning member

Aqua410

Members
Hi everyone,

After a several year hiatus I am getting back into the hobby. I took a pause because I was selling my home and planned on being in a short term rental.

I didn’t have a huge presence here but have met quite a few of you and attended one BFD where I bought my lifetime favorite cichlid from Jeff Rapps, a really stunning wild GT. I believe that was 2018.

Anyhow, fast forward about 3 years and I own a new home and am looking forward to getting back into the hobby.

In the last 3 years I had two little ones and I am pretty excited to share this long term hobby with them. I’ve had aquariums on and off for close to 30 years and I’m planning to start my kids off exactly how I started. Will put up a thread on that later.

Anyhow, long term I would like to start a larger display tank in one of the core living spaces in my home. So now I start the process of negotiating space with my wife. I’ve already gotten her to agree to 3 foot tank in the kitchen so before long I hope to be sharing pictures of my 6 foot SA cichlid display tank. 😆😅😆

Look forward to perhaps seeing some of you again soon.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Welcome back!

Question with bigger tanks, like 6 foot 125-180 gallon tanks, can they be placed anywhere on the first floor of the house? I do have a basement, I was worried the floor could not hold the weight of the tank. Anyone know?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
You have to look at the support under where you plan to put the tank. You can add support with a 4X4 wood support cut to length and pounded into place or you can buy a metal pole that is designed to support upper floors and has screw that can be turned to adjust the length.

bossanova

Members
Hi everyone,

After a several year hiatus I am getting back into the hobby. I took a pause because I was selling my home and planned on being in a short term rental.

I didn’t have a huge presence here but have met quite a few of you and attended one BFD where I bought my lifetime favorite cichlid from Jeff Rapps, a really stunning wild GT. I believe that was 2018.

Anyhow, fast forward about 3 years and I own a new home and am looking forward to getting back into the hobby.

In the last 3 years I had two little ones and I am pretty excited to share this long term hobby with them. I’ve had aquariums on and off for close to 30 years and I’m planning to start my kids off exactly how I started. Will put up a thread on that later.

Anyhow, long term I would like to start a larger display tank in one of the core living spaces in my home. So now I start the process of negotiating space with my wife. I’ve already gotten her to agree to 3 foot tank in the kitchen so before long I hope to be sharing pictures of my 6 foot SA cichlid display tank. 😆😅😆

Look forward to perhaps seeing some of you again soon.
Who are we kidding? Since you’re a veteran, do yourself and get the 6 footer, install it while she’s out, and then be rrrreal nice afterwards. Take her out, go to Florida, you know the drill :) a 3-footer ain’t gonna do it. And, you know it, hahaha