• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

"Rare" Mbuna and Peacocks???

zackcrack00

Members
I got to thinking last night, and something came to mind: Are there really any peacocks or mbuna that aren't Seen very often by this club??? I don't know of any... What do you guys think??

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
daves rare fish has a wide variety of rare fish, mainly cichlids from the rift lakes, I don't know to much about africans but I know where to buy them.

harlowe777

Members
Just mbuna or peacocks?..had mdoka white lip..and tyranochromis nigriventor..those usally dont float around too much..not to many "rare" peacocks out there..

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
There's a ton of Malawi cichlids that are either rarely imported or just not in our club. We may have, what?... ~75 species in our club being bred (including mbuna, haps, peacocks).

There are an estimated 900-1100 cichlid species/variations in Lake Malawi. So I'd say our club certainly does not have most of them. I would venture to say that out of that total figure, there are probably 200-250 species/variations that are in the hobby.

Zack - see if you can get a copy of Malawi Cichlids in the Natural Habitat by Ad Konings. It is not a cheap book ($40-50), but well worth the money. It changed the way I looked at and collected fish from the lake when I was big into Malawi.

Anyone know a placicdochromis jalo reef breeder? That's one I've been having trouble finding, in pa anyway.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Anyone know a placicdochromis jalo reef breeder? That's one I've been having trouble finding, in pa anyway.

Richard Mendez (Submariner) used to breed them. He probably still has them. He's not on often, but shoot him a PM and maybe he'll get back with you.

He has exceeded his maximum storage space so I can't pm him if anyone has any contact with him please let him know. I am looking for atleast one 4-5 inch male smaller would do and maybe a few females (in a perfect world).
Thanks
Dan