• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rainbow Cichlid drama!!!

FishEggs

I can take the other female and see if she'll pair with one of my other males. I'm interested to see how 2 pair will fare in a 75g.
I looks like the male that won out last time is now no longer the dominant.

Awesome Matt! I'll PM you. 2 pair in a 75 should be just fine, particularly if you scape it so you have two desireable areas.

FishEggs

I've got a bunch of plants kind of dividing the tank in half with one side a bit more covered with floating plants than the other where the out flow to the filter is, pushing the plants to the darker side. Each side has a large smooth rock for them which you can see in the video and pictures i posted.
Right now the female doesn't seem interested in either male.

FishEggs

Got another rock full of eggs today. Not with the same male as the first time. Guess there's other fish in the sea for a reason.

I've got a rock full of eggs, too. I also found a ton of my assassin snails going for the eggs. I helped Mom out by scooping a bunch of the off. I"m wondering if that's the reason why they've had so little luck. My parents in the past have almost always gotten them to fry stage

mchambers

Former CCA member
Mine laid eggs last week. The eggs disappeared at some point, but I didn't know what had happened to them -- there are a lot of plants in the way. This afternoon, I saw this: