• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Python part

captmicha

Members
Is there a cheaper hardware store version of the Python Universal Faucet attachment?

I know Ken's has it for less than $9, but I'm trying to save money where I can. Little things add up.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President

$5.95 for the plastic or brass version, and a club sponsor.

mchambers

Former CCA member

The universal adapter is $6.95, I think, if I'm doing the dropdown menu right.

Seems like it shouldn't be all that hard to DIY your own version, but I can't find any helpful advice on the intertubes. I'd be tempted to take the faucet head or aerator and the water changer connecting piece to a good local hardware store, like Strosneider's or Hardwater City, and see what they suggest.

Freakgecko

Members
The universal adapter is $6.95, I think, if I'm doing the dropdown menu right.

Seems like it shouldn't be all that hard to DIY your own version, but I can't find any helpful advice on the intertubes. I'd be tempted to take the faucet head or aerator and the water changer connecting piece to a good local hardware store, like Strosneider's or Hardwater City, and see what they suggest.
I tried for a long time to jerry rig my adapter to my faucet and with poor results. That adapter is what finally saved me from exploding from frustration. If you figure out a cheaper alternative, please post it! However, don’t think you’re gonna get much cheaper than $7

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Look up waterbed fill and empty parts. They use the exact same piece. I've been using that part successfully. Also, I've attached mine to a small piece of rubber hose that connects to the faucet so that you don't stress the part or the faucet when pulling on the hose.

JLW

CCA Members
You can probably find something at the hardware store that will adapt a faucet to a 3/4" hose. But, the python part isn't much more, and if you're getting the brass one (which lasts forever), its really the best on the market.

captmicha

Members

Not bad at all, thanks.

captmicha

Members
Look up waterbed fill and empty parts. They use the exact same piece. I've been using that part successfully. Also, I've attached mine to a small piece of rubber hose that connects to the faucet so that you don't stress the part or the faucet when pulling on the hose.
Right, but it's the rubber piece I'm looking for.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I just cut a small length of lawn hose and attached a female and male hose ends on each end. Mine is about 8 inches long.