• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Python like devices

Shane

Members
I bought a garden hose

Just be sure to buy a marine or boat hose (they are always white or blue in color), which have an FDA approved liner material to make the water safe. Green "garden" hoses are often treated with chemicals to ensure they remain pliable and/or to counter mold and other potential obstructions and many contain lead. It must be labeled "drinking water safe."
Clear vinyl hose like Python uses can be purchased at any hardware/home repair store cheaply. The various fittings to turn one into a water changing hose are inexpensive and easy to add. Like Pat I have bleached mine a few times over the years to make it look new again, but I do not think the gunk that builds up is harmful.
-Shane

mchambers

Former CCA member
Clear vinyl hose like Python uses can be purchased at any hardware/home repair store cheaply. The various fittings to turn one into a water changing hose are inexpensive and easy to add. Like Pat I have bleached mine a few times over the years to make it look new again, but I do not think the gunk that builds up is harmful.
-Shane
I think the gunk is harmless, although I try to minimize the amount of water left in the tubing and haven't had much buildup.

Be careful on the vinyl hose. If the walls of the hose aren't strong enough, the tubing can kink when you're removing water from the tank, if you're using the faucet at that point (instead of simply letting gravity do the work).

Rasta Fish

Members
I think they are all the same, i have my Python for 15 years the adapter broke, i got a lees adapter replacement and it fits and works well
If you want to go cheap you can find DIY water change systems all over the internet base on the same concept.

I prefer Python brand. I have used Lee's and my only gripe is the tubing isn't as flexible as the Python's. Lee's tubing is much more rigid, but it still does the trick. Other than that I LOVE my Python. I do prefer gravity siphoning to a bucket when I want to really clean gravel only because gravity siphon has more suction then the Python does and I use Python to refill.

Decker504

Members
I love my Aqueon water changer. It was cheap, it works and I just run HOT water thru it to sterilize it and get the kinks out if any, but I have a super duper hot water heater. I use my audio cable rolling techinique and it keeps it from kinking, LOL!

Sent from my DROID3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, I only use my python for filling these days.
outgoing is done with black rubber hose and the biggest submersible pump I could buy at HD/Lowes

Shane

Members
Also, spend a couple dollars for one of these elbows. They keep washing machine tubes from kinking when you push the washing machine back against the wall.
Python might still be in business if they had thought of this one.
-Shane

DSC_0002.jpg

Last edited:

londonloco

Members
Come to think of it, I'm still using my python tubing/hardware for fill ups, the Aqueon is used to siphon water into my garden.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I need the submersible pump!!! My water pressure sux after wasting water to empty the tank. FYI, The drill attachments don't work!

Yeah, I only use my python for filling these days.
outgoing is done with black rubber hose and the biggest submersible pump I could buy at HD/Lowes

Wblaze

Members
Call me slow, but I still do not understand how the clorine from the tap water does not get in the tank via the python or whatever you are using

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I add my dechlorinator to the tank and then fill it.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App