• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Python and this faucet

TeamPisces

CCA Members
Hi,

I moved to a new home. There is still some minor work to be done. This kitchen faucet is much different than my previous home as well as the bathroom faucets. I cannot get my python water changer with it's adapter to fit this kitchen faucet or any bathroom faucet. I feel like I am going to have a new faucet installed just to do water changes. Is anyone using this type of faucet with a python water changer? How are you doing it? I don't like the idea of using my outdoor hose spiget as I like to be able to regulate the water temperature. Any advice or reasonable suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kitchen sink.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
You might be able to screw off the end of the faucet and remove the aerator but some faucets don't have a typical design. You might be able to add a connection or splitter on the water lines below the sink but you'd probably want a plumbers advice to make sure it's done properly.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
If you have a shower in a bathroom close by, you should be able to find an adapter to go from the pipe coming out of the wall to the python. You'd have to unscrew the shower head each time, but that's not much different than removing the sink aerator. My kitchen sink is similar to yours and there is no way that I know of to hook up the python.

FishEggs

Those types of faucets use a special little tool to be able to remove the aerator.
You might be able to unscrew the whole head from the pull out hose (it looks like its a pull out hose) and adapt it that way.

Or you can install something up under the sink to hook up to but then that would be for fill only and you would have to start a drain syphon manually.
Or as others have said find a different sink to use.

TeamPisces

CCA Members
If you have a shower in a bathroom close by, you should be able to find an adapter to go from the pipe coming out of the wall to the python. You'd have to unscrew the shower head each time, but that's not much different than removing the sink aerator. My kitchen sink is similar to yours and there is no way that I know of to hook up the python.
I will probably check out the shower option. You make a good point about removing the shower head being no different than the aerator.