• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PVAS auction this weekend?

Cartel

Members
Yikes, I forgot the College Park tuning meet is the same day. I might stop by the auction after the meet if there is still time left over.

Can you jump in the auction (buyer) at any time?

Ill be at CP meet! Wont be taking my car since its down...but im riding out with a friend.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Just got home from the auction. Boy, could I have spent a lot of money there if I only had more room in my tanks. Things were dirt cheap, and the selection was pretty good. Picked up a pair of Bolivian Rams for $5 and a 4" rainbow (herotilapia multispinosa) for $6. I would have spent the rest of the afternoon there if I didn't have to get home to the family.

Auction was organized and well done. I would recommend to anyone!

dogofwar

CCA Members
I went as well (with Richard/Submariner)...and took off early as well.

Saw Kevin/Spine and Josh/Jumbie and other CCA'ers as well.

They had some amazing deals on tanks and fish. Not too many cichlids but I got a pair of Gymnos...and a 20L with a bulkhead for $6...

Matt

Cartel

Members
I actually didnt make it out I had forgotten my gf had her sorority formal in bmore this weekend. Otherwise I would have tried to find you! Should have been a pretty good turn out id imagine. By the time I dropped her off in college park today everyone was gone.

Lively

Members
Just got home from the auction. Boy, could I have spent a lot of money there if I only had more room in my tanks. Things were dirt cheap, and the selection was pretty good. Picked up a pair of Bolivian Rams for $5 and a 4" rainbow (herotilapia multispinosa) for $6. I would have spent the rest of the afternoon there if I didn't have to get home to the family.

Auction was organized and well done. I would recommend to anyone!

You picked up two of the fish on my "wish list"! (Imagine a Green faced Icon = Jealous! lol) Nice.

Jumbie

Members
I had a great time at the auction on Sunday. I got some nice cichlid books, picked up some catfish, and some really cool fish that Matt brought.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
There weren't a ton of cichlids there, but there were good deals on the ones available. Picked up some nice daffodil and a trio of afra. It was plant, cory, pleco and livebearer heaven, and tank combos went crazy cheap. Glad I made it, but I'll stick with my CCA meetings regularly. This place is still my home.

mrkillie

Members
There weren't a ton of cichlids there, but there were good deals on the ones available. Picked up some nice daffodil and a trio of afra. It was plant, cory, pleco and livebearer heaven, and tank combos went crazy cheap. Glad I made it, but I'll stick with my CCA meetings regularly. This place is still my home.

I picked up some Archocentrus nanoluteus and Haplochromis sp. Ruby Green, both ACA CARES fish, as well as a Geo. steindachneri breeding group, one female of which was holding fry. :) I also picked up some corys, since there were more catfich in that auction than there were at the Catfish Convention. :eek: As is my usual, once my box was full, I left, about 1:00 which was only about halfway through the "3" table. I bet people who stayed or showed up late got some great deals.

Joel

dogofwar

CCA Members
Well done, Sir! The haps and nanos are both from my fishroom...I have more if you'd like more :)

Please register your ACA CARES fish!

Best wishes,
Matt

I picked up some Archocentrus nanoluteus and Haplochromis sp. Ruby Green, both ACA CARES fish, as well as a Geo. steindachneri breeding group, one female of which was holding fry. :) I also picked up some corys, since there were more catfich in that auction than there were at the Catfish Convention. :eek: As is my usual, once my box was full, I left, about 1:00 which was only about halfway through the "3" table. I bet people who stayed or showed up late got some great deals.

Joel

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I went as well (with Richard/Submariner)...and took off early as well.

Saw Kevin/Spine and Josh/Jumbie and other CCA'ers as well.

They had some amazing deals on tanks and fish. Not too many cichlids but I got a pair of Gymnos...and a 20L with a bulkhead for $6...

Matt

Yea, had pretty cool time at the PVAS Spring Auction. It was great to see Michael Barber, Frank Cowherd, Kevin(Spine), Jumbie(josh), Ashley, Jamie, Ron leftwich, Emily, Rodney, Larry, and the ladies in charge of the donuts and sodas. Matt and I decided to go because it was such a nice day.

There were lots of deals on tanks and drygoods as well as tons of fish. Not many African Cichlids, but it was fun just being there.

I think I saw Jen(donkeyfish), but I did not get a chance to say hi or bye and Sherry seemed to busy doing her little member survey with everyone to come over and say hi to me, but that's okay. I'm not mad....:angry3: Just kidding Sherry;)

Anyways, Next stop... Adberto Konings Sanchez on May 9th, I think he's related to Cheech and Carlos Mensia or George Lopez. One of the two.:cool: That latino brother knows his Africans, I guess it's in our blue jeans.:p

Richard

Sonny Disposition

Adberto Konings Sanchez? I think I remember him. He was married to that Latin singer for awhile, right? Apistogramma Viejita?

Yea, had pretty cool time at the PVAS Spring Auction. It was great to see Michael Barber, Frank Cowherd, Kevin(Spine), Jumbie(josh), Ashley, Jamie, Ron leftwich, Emily, Rodney, Larry, and the ladies in charge of the donuts and sodas. Matt and I decided to go because it was such a nice day.

There were lots of deals on tanks and drygoods as well as tons of fish. Not many African Cichlids, but it was fun just being there.

I think I saw Jen(donkeyfish), but I did not get a chance to say hi or bye and Sherry seemed to busy doing her little member survey with everyone to come over and say hi to me, but that's okay. I'm not mad....:angry3: Just kidding Sherry;)

Anyways, Next stop... Adberto Konings Sanchez on May 9th, I think he's related to Cheech and Carlos Mensia or George Lopez. One of the two.:cool: That latino brother knows his Africans, I guess it's in our blue jeans.:p

Richard

DonkeyFish

Members

Richard

Too funny! Yeah, I was there, saw you for a minute too. That auction was nuts. One of those things where you spend half the time just shaking your head in disbelief. Tank prices were ridiculous. Three 55-gal tanks with filters and "stuff" went for $30 each. There were 10-gal. tanks for days. I think they were practically giving them away.

Was awesome to finally get to put (screen)names to faces! Had a blast with Spine, Jumbie, DiscusnAfricans and F8LBite. Met some others too, but don't remember their screen names. Basically a great way to blow off a Sunday buying cheap stuff you may or may not have needed and hanging out with fellow fish folk. Now, where on earth am I gonna put all this narrow leaf Java Fern?? :rolleyes:

Kets

Members
I got some Cories.

C. schwartzi
Picture013-1.jpg

Picture029.jpg

C. erhardti
Picture023.jpg

Picture037.jpg

C. CW009
Picture025.jpg

Picture031.jpg