• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pseudomugil-weird clear spot

CichlidDan

Members
Just noticed one of my pseudomugil has a clear spot on both sides and won’t eat. Any idea what this could be? Pics attached

29F025E6-344C-4EB6-BF04-AD68BA7D9C0F.jpeg

4C384C56-1EBF-42BB-A3C6-65B759DCB7F0.jpeg

JLW

CCA Members
That is a serious bacterial infection. What you're seeing is where the "meat" of the fish has been eaten away.

The first thing I would do would be to test the water and make sure that its no the result of anything environmental -- low pH, high nitrate, nitrite, or ammonia, as well as just lots of organic gunk in the water. Keep an eye on everyone else, and make sure that it was isolated.

CichlidDan

Members
That is a serious bacterial infection. What you're seeing is where the "meat" of the fish has been eaten away.

The first thing I would do would be to test the water and make sure that its no the result of anything environmental -- low pH, high nitrate, nitrite, or ammonia, as well as just lots of organic gunk in the water. Keep an eye on everyone else, and make sure that it was isolated.
Thanks for the input. Everyone else seems fine but I will test the water.