• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Proposed Layout of my Office/Fish room

bschuhart

Members
I showed this to my wife and her comment was " what happens when you want to add more tanks?" I think this is a good sign.

I already have the 65, 20H, 20H, 20L, 29 in that room and a 110 in the family room. I also take care of the 150 at work. This should keep me busy for awhile. Currently breeding Angels and Yellow Labs and Ps. demasoni. Plan on cutting out the Angels, they just spawn too much, every 10 days and have hundreds of fry each time. I like the africans they just have about 10 fry at a time.

plan on adding a 50B below the 65, 2 more 20H, 2 - 55's and 4 -10's

Office-Fishroom.jpg

Last edited:

davidhusker

Members
Can you squeeze the 55/55 onto the wall and maybe move that end table (top left)
I think a Giant U shape would be best, so when you turn around in your desk chair you can see the front of all tanks. THen stick the 10/10 where the 55/55 is now on the wall.
Other than that, it looks great. Every time I have moved houses, i have done this exact same thing layout style like this. Good job

mscichlid

Founder
I would go around the wall as well. It would give the room a more open field and cut out the tangeling of your python.

bschuhart

Members
Can you squeeze the 55/55 onto the wall and maybe move that end table (top left)
I think a Giant U shape would be best, so when you turn around in your desk chair you can see the front of all tanks. THen stick the 10/10 where the 55/55 is now on the wall.
Other than that, it looks great. Every time I have moved houses, i have done this exact same thing layout style like this. Good job

That a floor lamp on the upper left and that small 8" x 8" x 7 ft book shelf , between the two is the access to the circuit breaker pannel for the house. So I don't have allot of options if the desk... is to stay. My oldest is 19 when (if) he moves out I can turn the entire room into a fish room...then I'll do right....central system...

bschuhart

Members
lol come on Ben you"ll never fit in that 30" space in front of 29 gal. lol

lol your probably right! I have to move the 55's to the wall (maybe change them to 90/70?) The nice thing (more expensive though) I'm using metal stands so it modular, I can change as it progresses.

Call me about those Yellow Labs.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Ben. The design looks good to me. It's always exciting to watch a fellow fish nut put their room together. :)

Is there any way that you can move the desk to the wall on the left under the breaker box and move the tanks to the wall on the right?

bschuhart

Members
Ben. The design looks good to me. It's always exciting to watch a fellow fish nut put their room together. :)

Is there any way that you can move the desk to the wall on the left under the breaker box and move the tanks to the wall on the right?

No, the desk has a tall hutch.

I showed this to my wife and her comment was " what happens when you want to add more tanks?" I think this is a good sign.

I already have the 65, 20H, 20H, 20L, 29 in that room and a 110 in the family room. I also take care of the 150 at work. This should keep me busy for awhile. Currently breeding Angels and Yellow Labs and Ps. demasoni. Plan on cutting out the Angels, they just spawn too much, every 10 days and have hundreds of fry each time. I like the africans they just have about 10 fry at a time.

plan on adding a 50B below the 65, 2 more 20H, 2 - 55's and 4 -10's

Can I just please borrow your wife for a while so that she can teach my husband how to be a good "fish spouse?" ;)

I have 10 show tanks from 90 gallons to 225 gallons. But you know, I needed breeding tanks and grow out tanks and QT tanks, etc., buy my husband had said NO NO NO! So I snuck 7 more smaller tanks in and put them in the cabinet stands under the show tanks. When he saw one and freaked out, I told him it was just a special kind of filter.:unsure:

Yeah, yeah, what can I say....sometimes we have to go to great lengths for the hobby...

:woman2:

bschuhart

Members
Can I just please borrow your wife for a while so that she can teach my husband how to be a good "fish spouse?" ;)

I have 10 show tanks from 90 gallons to 225 gallons. But you know, I needed breeding tanks and grow out tanks and QT tanks, etc., buy my husband had said NO NO NO! So I snuck 7 more smaller tanks in and put them in the cabinet stands under the show tanks. When he saw one and freaked out, I told him it was just a special kind of filter.:unsure:

Yeah, yeah, what can I say....sometimes we have to go to great lengths for the hobby...

:woman2:
I was surprised of her acceptance on the idea because in March a 20g cracked and flooded 1/2 of that carpeted room. She remembers when my sump overflowed and 1/2 of my 110g emptied on the floor...salt water really makes a mess.

I just installed one of those $10 water alarms to be safe.