• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PRE ORDERS for GWAPA / PVAS meetgs

JLW

CCA Members
Hey folks,

I just compiled a huge set of pre order fishes available for the September PVAS or August GWAPA meeting. This pre order ends on the 18th! This is a massive set of lists. I will have another one before CCA, but I can't promise it'll have this stuff on it. Be sure to click the link on the first list to get to the second list:

http://www.batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php

This is an incredibly large list with some great fish, with some never before seen and rarely seen fishes available. There's a dozen different Apistogramma available, as pairs! These include the much sought after Apistogramma wilhelmi, the beautiful Fire Red Agassizi, a new Yellow Headed Borelli that I've only seen a few times (and is reasonably cheap), and many more!

I've got a new type of barb being called the Mascara barb by the wholesaler. I picked up two dozen of these, and they remind me of a Pethia species, but aren't quite the same as the familiar "Lipstick" Barb. They may actually be Mascara Barbs, but they're quite small, and very inexpensive. You'll find the actual Mascara Barbs on the other list, at about 4-6". Tank raised Denison's Barbs are also available again. It's been a bit since I've seen those with any regularity!

The tetra list is fantastic. Flameback Bleeding Hearts are running well; a lot of you have seen these fish in my personal tanks. They're a stunning species of tetra, similar to the traditional bleeding heart, but with an additional red stripe down the back. They've really dropped in price over the past year or so, and are the same price as the old Bleeding Heart Tetra now. A new tetra, Hyphessobrycon heterorhabus, is also being offered. These kind of look like a cross between a black neon and a glolight tetra, and are really quite pretty.

The Black Aeneus Catfish is available again, as well. THese are probably not actually Corydoras aeneus, but are a wild type, jet black Cory Cat. Also available are two types of Hara cats, the adorable little Hara jerdonis and they're bigger brother, Hara hara. There's also a lot of neat livebearers, shrimp, and plants on this list!

Clicking on hte link at the top, you'll get to the second pre order list. There are some incredibly highlights from this list.

My favourite little dwarf cichlid is back available. Taeniacara candidi is one of the most incredibly beautiful dwarf cichlids out there. They're really quite nasty with one another, so make sure your tank has adequate hiding spots for them. Fortunately, while they're not a very peaceful dwarf cichlid, they're so tiny that there's not much they can do.

There are some really nice African cichlids on here, including a final bunch of wild Peacocks and similar. This will be the last bunch for the year as the season ends! Get them now. :)

A couple of beautiful gouramies have made the list as well, including three different types of chocolate gouramies. These soft water fish got cursed with the name "chocolate," in my opinion. In good condition, they can be a riot of reds, browns, and blues -- not plain, brown, chocolate fish.

Be sure to check out the Corydoras list on this one too. Corydoras hastatus has made it back onto the list. I have VERY few of these available. These pygmy cories are an active, midwater fish that is rarely, if ever, seen anymore, as their collectino locations have become inaccessible. Please do NOT order these fish if you want a pretty little midwater fish for a display -- order them if you're planning on breeding these and keeping them in the hobby! :)

There are some awesome little killifish on this list, as well, most of which are available by the pair. Finally, there are three different species of pipefish. Remember that the pipes are going to need access to a constant supply of live food, and will need it as soon as they're picked up. For this reason, I can't hold on to them for very long, and ask that you pick them up ASAP.

Joshua