• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pond lighting

mchambers

Former CCA member
Do you want underwater lighting? There are lots of LED options. My son just bought some for my wife for Mother's Day, but we haven't had time yet to put them in our pond. He picked some at Amazon, but places like Webb's Water Gardens also sell them.

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
Yes. I was looking for something under water. I think I need about two more hours of light above the water, So maybe something that can get wet.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Then scratch my comment. I don't think there are any underwater lights that contribute to plant growth.

I really don't know of any solutions that would work on a tub. I'd just grow plants that are happy with the amount of natural light you have.

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
Then scratch my comment. I don't think there are any underwater lights that contribute to plant growth.

I really don't know of any solutions that would work on a tub. I'd just grow plants that are happy with the amount of natural light you have.
That was great advice. I need both.

So far I've only found water lettuce that should make it.

Becca

Members
That was great advice. I need both.

So far I've only found water lettuce that should make it.

My old pond growing up was under a 100-plus year old oak. It gets all shade all the time. There is an Iris growing in it that's bigger than I am. Parrot's Feather, elodea, acorus, and Hogwart have all grown in it.

The pond I have now is part shade and grows water lettuce and hyacinth, along with several others. In my full shade tub I've had good success with purple taro, but it has to come indoors in the winter.

Becca

Members
I was looking for purple taro ave a veggie came up.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pur...3.69i57j0l5.6277j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Several people took offshoots of mine last year, so someone might have excess if they kept it indoors over the winter. I kept a few and moved them from pots to the pond, but we had some late cold-spells and they didn't fare well. They're just starting to come back so I can't split any of them yet.

I strongly suggest checking out Lilypons. It's not cheap, but the folks there are experts and will be able to give you good information on what you can grow in your current situation.