• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Painting a Tank Back

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I sprayed the back of my 125 with black PlastiDip for easy peel-off later should I ever need to. It took 4 coats. Easy peasy, and no risk of brush or roller lines. It looks great.

JLW

CCA Members
Am I really the only person who sets the tank on a piece of cardboard and spray paints it? So much easier....

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I did to some of them but too cold out and makes too much mess in the house. Overspray travels a lot. Lol.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Okay. So I'm going to put my cories in this tank with natural play sand so that they can easily sift through it. Should I go black since the sand is so tan? The cories are C. duplicareus, so they are tan and black with an orange stripe behind their head. Thoughts on other colors that would look nice?

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Anyone free tonight and want to help paint the tank, build a stand, and rinse some sand? I need to get this thing up and running for this weekend. I'm in Bowie.

FishEggs

I used some left over paint from a job I did once which happened to be dark bronze and I really like the look of it.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
No. I had 3 cans of black Krylon laying around. We used that.

Stand is completely built and the doors are cut. I just have to finish painting it and assemble it.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
So here it is, folks. Tank back painted as well as custom built stand finished. Matt (FishEggs) and Ben (BeanieSeagus) were both huge helpers! Thank you both!

40%20Breeder%20and%20Stand_zpsfryjvfur.jpg

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
'Scape is almost complete. Driftwood and rocks are in, but pleco caves/"hotel" are not in yet. I'll take some preliminary pics tonight after the cories settle in. They arrived this morning happy and healthy.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Pics of most of the 'scape are posted under Cory Fever in bottom feeder section. Will post more pics there tomorrow after sponge filter is hooked up and given a few hours to help clean up a bit.