• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

OK, what are you bringing in JUNE

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
This is our last auction for awhile and I have a few things to let go. I have three tanks that you would call 30 breeders. They are a great size and are actually about 33 gallons. One has a really nice homemade top. They are all drilled. Yes there are holes in them but they all hold water otherwise. I used the holes to set up a small system. I am wondering if I should patch the holes (this is a very easy thing to do but scares some people) or would my fellow club members like to experiment with drilled tanks. A little feed back would be good. I am thinking of patching them up because I have lots of silicone and glass patches. What do you think potential bidders? Want to experiment?

George

PS. I sold one last time like them an it was patched. I was still using these.

davidhusker

Members
I think if you're not going to include any bulkhead sort of thing it might be better to seal the tanks. But the truth is, when people see a tank with a sealed hole in it, they're going to be weary of it's strength and ability to hold water, which will then take value out of it. So it's a catch 22. Personally, I'd say seal 2 and leave 1, or seal 1 and leave 2. I would rather have it sealed, and others probably would too, since a majority on here do not run central systems. I am over-stocked tank wise, so you may not classify me as a bidder though... but hey, you never know.

davidhusker

Members
I will be bringing a sub-adult 2.5" Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ruarwe" MALE
AKA Elongatus Jewel Spot
Great fish for a Mbuna tank. I was going to start one, but went another direction.
stock photo
pse-elongatusspot-hai2-800_final.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sell them open but include instructions on patching.

^^^^^^^ +1

I would say don't patch the tank, but if you have the glass, include a piece in the tank to patch if the buyer so pleases. I think everyone here has at least a half tube of silicone laying around the house and installing the glass patch certainly is not rocket science.

At least that's the way I'd like it if I were to get one... which I would probably bid on if the price was right. It's a great tank size that you don't see all too often. :)

mrkillie

Members
I got some drilled tanks from That Fish Place several years ago at their tent sale. I have sealed mine with a bulkhead fitting and a plug-that way I can remove the plug if I want to use the hole again.

Joel

Charlutz

Members
George, I won this tank at the last auction and have no space for it, so I was going to put it back in this month's auction.

Tony

What is the height on these tanks again? 36" x 18" x 12"?

hmmmmmmm............ ;)

chris_todd

Members
George, if you *don't* patch them, I'll bid on at least one (assuming they're not super scratched up). Like Tony said, it's a neat size you don't see that often, and I'd prefer drilled tanks for the fish room I'll eventually setup.

Question: are they single drilled, or double drilled? Holes in the bottom or on the back?

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Sell them open but include instructions on patching.

If you were at our meetings you would know most, if not all our members do not need instructions.

OK, they aren't just drilled, the fittings are already there. That was why I suggested someone could play with these tanks as a sort of system. They are scratched up as much as a tank can be scratched up. They all spent decades in a wholesalers business. There is a fitting in the bottom and one in the side. One only has the hole in the bottom I think.

Anyone still want Altifrons? How about red shoulder Severum? BIG Archocentrus centrarcus? I probably spelled them all wrong.

George

Tony

I'll be bringing a bunch of frozen food. :)

Any interest in the following?

1.75" Aulonocara maylandi (sulfur-headed peacocks - 6 left)
1.5" A. rubescens (ruby red peacocks)
1.5" A. baenschi (Benga peacocks)
1.25" A. caroli (swallowtail peacocks)
1.25" Pseudotropheus Sp. Acei white-tail - F1
1.5" Nimbochromis venustus
1.5" Labidochromis trewavasae

With the fish order coming in as well as the frozen food, there's going to be a lot going on so I'm not bringing fish unless someone specifically wants them. Shoot me a PM if interested.

mscichlid

Founder
I'm bring small pieces of driftwood (bagged)
A bag of small air pumps, food, Nannacara. sp belem fry, a diamataous filter, couple small shop lights, a stack of 5 gallon buckets, and some other odds and ends.

Spine

Members
[QUOTE

Anyone still want Altifrons? How about red shoulder Severum? BIG Archocentrus centrarcus?

George[/QUOTE]

Yes,Yes and Yes