• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ohio Cichlid Association Annual Convention

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<blockquote><span style="font-family:Arial Black">Extravaganza Speakers:
Dates: November 16-18, 2007

Jim Powers
Brian Shrimpton
Ad Konings
Anton Lamboj
Willem Heijns
Lee Newman

</blockquote>

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Smaller version.
I would estimate 175 - 200 people. And a lot cheaper then the ACA.
Hospitality room.
The big thing is the auction. 12 hours of cichlids and catfish. A few plants.

We need to get to that point. :FIREdevil:

D

daniel4832

I have enjoyed going to the OCA Extravaganza for the last 6 years, actually as enjoyable as the ACA conventions have been, I like the OCA Extravaganza even more. It's a smaller more relaxed convention, and the club is one of the best there is. If you don't like doing all that driving, fly, I have never paid over $100 for a round trip.
Also, if you like showing fish, if you win, you get also get a little cash with your award , as both Pat and I did last year.
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
I think I'm going to try and make this one ! Not going to the aca.... I'm not a huge fan of crowds... so, this sounds perfect. Never knew it was so small and cheap !

Spine

Members
I have some nice fish that Artee brought back for me from last years OCA. I would love to attend it sounds like fun. Is anyone is interested in carpooling this year?

longstocking

Members
I still have to ask Bill ... BUT if he says yes I'm sure we would Kevin. We can tell you stories of diving the whole way there and make you jelous :p

maddog10

Members
I am still trying to figure out a way to go. It is the weekend before I go out west for 2 weeks. Boss will get over it, I think!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Registration is in.
Hotel reserved.

I agree with Daniel. This year may be the biggest because of the ACA being on the west coast.
Should be fun.

(But not as much fun as Aquafest2007)

maddog10

Members
Well, I am not going to be able to swing this and my hunting trip. Hunting trip wins!! Maybe next year. I need to check fish show dates BEFORE I schedule all of the other things I like to do. I should be able to squeeze AquaFest 2007 in!

marge618

CCA member
I have some nice fish that Artee brought back for me from last years OCA. I would love to attend it sounds like fun. Is anyone is interested in carpooling this year?[/b]

The Ohio show does sound like fun! I am interested in carpooling. I can't drive, but would be glad to chip in for expenses.
(I think that it is a safer way to bring back fish than flying. Actually, that is because I don't know how to ship fish safely. Also, if you fly how can you take fish back with you? The restrictions on carryons would prohibit packing enough water for even 1 fish.) Maybe I could arrange to send a box with you both ways in the car. (and pay for carboxpooling expenses...AND then I could fly.)

I looked at the Ohio website. Wow! On the 'Show Classes' page they break down all of the classes. There are pictures in a SLIDE SHOW OF LAST YEARS WINNERS. They give CASH prizes. Plus, you have to pay $7 for a 10 gallon tank to show your fish.
Marge
fishorangeswimming.gif

marge618

CCA member
If you don't like doing all that driving, fly, I have never paid over $100 for a round trip.
Also, if you like showing fish, if you win, you get also get a little cash with your award , Thanks,
Daniel[/b]

How do you transport fish if you fly?
Marge

D

daniel4832

<div class='quotemain'>If you don't like doing all that driving, fly, I have never paid over $100 for a round trip.
Also, if you like showing fish, if you win, you get also get a little cash with your award , Thanks,
Daniel[/b]

How do you transport fish if you fly?
Marge
[/b][/quote]

Marge,
This will be my sixth OCA Extraaganza, before the airlines started restricting luggage, I use to be able to take boxes of fish in exchange for luggage. Now that they are not not allowing boxes, I have had friends who were driving to take my fish with them. At this point I have not been able to arrange a ride for my fish, so I may not be able to show fish for the first time in six years. They also have an incredable auction on Sunday, I have brought home some great finds the last five years. I hope I'm able to find someone that can transport a couple of boxes for me!
Thanks,
Daniel

marge618

CCA member
I think I would enjoy going to this event, since I'n not going to the ACA Convention this year.

Francine[/b]

Great! Do you plan to show fish? Let me know how you manage to transport them that far safely.
Also, I really do like your signature!
Marge

mscichlid

Founder
<div class='quotemain'>I think I would enjoy going to this event, since I'n not going to the ACA Convention this year.

Francine[/b]

Great! Do you plan to show fish? Let me know how you manage to transport them that far safely.
Marge
[/b][/quote]

Normally, I don't show fish at events that are great distances from my home. It's easier to carry photos.

You keep telling me about my signature...I take it you want a copy of one, eh? I could get you a copy of it, but not the same color, k?

Francine

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotemain'><div class='quotemain'>I think I would enjoy going to this event, since I'n not going to the ACA Convention this year.

Francine[/b]

Marge
[/b][/quote]

Normally, I don't show fish at events that are great distances from my home. It's easier to carry photos.

You keep telling me about my signature...I take it you want a copy of one, eh? I could get you a copy of it, but not the same color, k?

Francine
[/b][/quote]

Yes. What color?

I'm not catching on to this 'just take photos'. I thought individual fish had to be present - in the show display tanks...to be judged???

Marge