• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
60+cichlids 3 thropus, lots of peacock, lots of haps, 2 american cichlids and 1 silver dollar and 2 dumb parrot 3 convict, 1 firemouth and even a polleni . But I have been doing this for 10 years.

To each his own, but most folks in the club wouldn't keep this mix together. The tank is severely overstocked, which may work for the Africans but isn't the best for the rest of the fish in the tank. Africans and New Worlds require different water conditions to thrive, and although they won't keel over and die if not in optimal water, you don't get to see the true behaviors of the fish.

I personally wouldn't mix fish like this. Like others have said, find what you like, do some research, and ask some specific questions.

Madhatter

Members
To each his own, but most folks in the club wouldn't keep this mix together. The tank is severely overstocked, which may work for the Africans but isn't the best for the rest of the fish in the tank. Africans and New Worlds require different water conditions to thrive, and although they won't keel over and die if not in optimal water, you don't get to see the true behaviors of the fish.

I personally wouldn't mix fish like this. Like others have said, find what you like, do some research, and ask some specific questions.

Thanks Jon, I can see what you mean. I think I'd rather have multiple tanks instead of one with so many fish.
Happy fish are healthy fish in my book.
Sent from my ADR6400L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rob3rtphan

Members
My fish are happy they been in there since they was half an inch. They get along great. I believe that the fish will learn to adapt no matter what the Ph difference is

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

turfboss

Members
Welcome to the club - sounds like you are getting some pretty sound advice - just keep asking questions and the experienced folks in the club will help you along.