• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New York Exotic Aquatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor1914

Members
Hi Guys.... Just wanted to give you guys a heads up and make you aware.... There is a posting on the ECC site about the New York Exotic Aquatics company that some of us have been using... I myself and another
member have lost over $400, and still have not received the fish we ordered. It's a shame because he had some really nice fish, and I was looking forward to doing business with him in the future. Victor has gotten angry with me when I have reached out about shipment dates, and he has been very poor communicating with me. Please be careful if you decide to order fish from him. I'm not calling him a fraud yet, but myself and others have paid for fish and have not received it yet!!.. You can decide for yourself!!!

Ading522

Members
thats sad to hear.. sorry about your lose of money.. hopefully you get things sorted out.. and hopefully they do not ruin their reputation..

razor1914

Members
Thank you!!.. My new credit card is in the mail, and I hope to get a refund within a few days from the credit card company...

daninmd

Members
Crap. Been waiting on fish too. Was responsive till a week ago. Time to file claim with paypal and get money back.

razor1914

Members
I ordered three times from him... The first two shipments had missing fish or dead on arrival, plus poor packaging... Both boxes I received arrived soaking wet!...I must say the fish I got alive were really nice and made me want to take the risk to order more, plus he was available through phone and text, it's was all good !!!... The third shipment as I stated never arrived and he stop communicating, stop answering my text, stop answering his phone... And $400+ later no fish to show for it ..I'm not sure if I answered your question... All I know is I haven't heard from him and its going on a 6 to 7 weeks

todda

Members
he never returned my 1st email about fish he had for sale - so I didn't even bother with him. Now I'm glad that he didn't reply

I am so sorry to hear this! I am more than happy to let you order the fish for you that you were supposed to get at my cost if you want. Just trying to put a better taste in your mouth.

daninmd

Members
I ordered three times from him... The first two shipments had missing fish or dead on arrival, plus poor packaging... Both boxes I received arrived soaking wet!...I must say the fish I got alive were really nice and made me want to take the risk to order more, plus he was available through phone and text, it's was all good !!!... The third shipment as I stated never arrived and he stop communicating, stop answering my text, stop answering his phone... And $400+ later no fish to show for it ..I'm not sure if I answered your question... All I know is I haven't heard from him and its going on a 6 to 7 weeks

my fish were allegedly "shipped" a few weeks back. when i didnt get a confirmation of the shipping and the fish never arrived we talked about 10 times during the day to track down the fish. He ended up saying his shipper destroyed the box and half the fish died and he was holding them until replacement fish arrived. He sounded upset about the fish dying etc...looking back it looks like its all a lie.

I have opened a fraud case thru paypal, and will be contacting my credit card company today who the funds were pulled out thru to contest the charges. Hopefully having credit card put pressure on paypal will speed everything up. It has been less than 30 days since i placed the order so hopefully everything will be fine.

rich_one

Members
Looks like their presence as a vendor on this site needs to be examined. Wow... sorry to hear this is happening.

-Rich

razor1914

Members
This is the reason why I post this information to make others aware, and hopefully not make the same mistakes I made...I agree we need to investigate the trustworthiness of this vendor... I hate to call him a fraud, but I don't have my money back and I have no fish to show for it!... Maybe he's having difficulties running his business, I don't know... But a little comunmcation goes a long way...Victor where are you ???

daninmd

Members
This is the reason why I post this information to make others aware, and hopefully not make the same mistakes I made...I agree we need to investigate the trustworthiness of this vendor... I hate to call him a fraud, but I don't have my money back and I have no fish to show for it!... Maybe he's having difficulties running his business, I don't know... But a little comunmcation goes a long way...Victor where are you ???

no other way to paint the picture. way too many similar stories - order fish, fish dont arrive, victor (real name?) stops communicating, etc.

stay away!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The Board of Directors is discussing the issue.

Please refrain from any more name calling or post as such. The Board will discuss and decide what to do as to the sponsorship.

We don't need to open the club up to legal action...

greekz

Members
doesn't this guy also go by Android Cichlid on Aquabid? I bought some haps from him in the past looked really nice/colorful but they died within 2 weeks. Never bought from him again

daninmd

Members
Victor just contacted me and said i would recieve a full refund. i really hope he does the right thing and complete the refund asap and that there was a valid reason for lack of response and shipping of my fish.

razor1914

Members
Good for you, I hope you get your money back. Hopefully he can explain why he stop sending the fish that we paid for.... Like I said, just a little communication would be great, especially when you advertising your business and individuals are investing in your product... I'm not calling him a fraud, but where is he?

daninmd

Members
The Board of Directors is discussing the issue.

Please refrain from any more name calling or post as such. The Board will discuss and decide what to do as to the sponsorship.

We don't need to open the club up to legal action...

Sorry Pat, feel free to edit/delete any postings.

I escalated my claims with Paypal and got an immediate response from Victor saying he was sending a full refund. I really hope it happens asap, and its unfortunate i had to go to this measure to get communication. Will update the club when/if i recieve refund

razor1914

Members
Thanks Pat....I hope Victor is ok... He appeared to be a nice guy for the most part... I believe people are just looking for answers... He should return calls and emails if something went wrong..communicate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.