• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New video of my discus

Hawkman2000

Members
Very nice.

My gf wanted me to put discuss in my tank when I set it up ("oooh those are pretty"), but I've always heard that they were pretty fragile.

Are yours high maintanance?

MHMoro

CCA Members
Nice looking discuss!
I see that you have a planted tank, what is the light output (Watts) of your lamp(s).

Manuel

mdlnewman

Members
have been using a single 95w 6500 bulb and a lame *** t8, just replaced that with a dual 55 I had on my old 75, will see if it helps

mdlnewman

Members
Very nice.

My gf wanted me to put discuss in my tank when I set it up ("oooh those are pretty"), but I've always heard that they were pretty fragile.

Are yours high maintanance?

Nope feed 2 times a day, water change 50% weekly with plain ole boring tap and prime.
FX5 filter on a 65 is prolly overkill but hey it is silent.

Got great stock from Hans to start off on the right foot.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Your tank looks really nice. I gotta stop looking at discus. I'm afraid I'll catch the bug and want to keep them myself...

YSS

Members
Nice!!! Makes me want to get some Discus! But have always been scared of all the horror stories about keeping them.

Unfortunately, those horror stories are more abound than not. Some have good luck with discus and some aren't as lucky. Starting out with good stock is very important.