• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New header

mrkillie

Members
Get rid of the peacock and it looks great/ I don't even mind the blending. Maybe the blending a little lighter. Now all you peacock lovers realize that I have nothing against them. Maybe do one with a peacock, one with the logo fish, one with a kribensis, one with a Central / South American and rotate them. But if I had to choose one to stay there on a perm basis, it would be the logo fish with the sunglasses.

Lonny

Personally, I don't care for the logo fish. If this were a general aquarium society, a predatory fish club or a sushi bar it would be fine, but the logo should easily identify with the club. It is not readily identifiable as a cichlid, and we are also not located in a traditional sun belt or beach area, so the sunglasses are not appropriate either. Other than that it's fine. But that's just my opinion.

Keep the peacock, or use any other cichlid.

Joel

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I always liked the phrase 'flu like symptoms'

I am currently suffering from 'broke like conditions' :lol:
That's classic! Right up there with "New AND Improved"

Personally, I don't care for the logo fish. If this were a general aquarium society, a predatory fish club or a sushi bar it would be fine, but the logo should easily identify with the club. It is not readily identifiable as a cichlid, and we are also not located in a traditional sun belt or beach area, so the sunglasses are not appropriate either. Other than that it's fine. But that's just my opinion.

Joel
You're killies think my cichlids are predatory :D I say keep the logo

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The funny thing is Li had the fish with the first word yesterday and I made him change it. lol
shows what I know.
Looks good.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member

Joel

You are right that it does not look like a cichlid but I get sooooo many compliments about that logo from people in other clubs. It is our "franchise" symbol like you always know coke with out seeing the word or a mickyDs with out seeing the name. You would be amazed at how many people know our emblem. I bet I had 10 comments at the OCA this past week. We used to have a logo that had 3 cichlids on it and dropped it because it looked like everyone else.

I look at the sunglasses as in the old song..... The futures so bright I got to wear shades. lol

Heck I am still looking at ways to promote that logo. lol
It stays for now.

iamzrad

Members
I like it now! :)
But I still feel as if it should have no blending modes in the CCA typeface. Makes it look cheap.

fischfan13

Banned

You are right that it does not look like a cichlid but I get sooooo many compliments about that logo from people in other clubs. It is our "franchise" symbol like you always know coke with out seeing the word or a mickyDs with out seeing the name. You would be amazed at how many people know our emblem. I bet I had 10 comments at the OCA this past week. We used to have a logo that had 3 cichlids on it and dropped it because it looked like everyone else.

I look at the sunglasses as in the old song..... The futures so bright I got to wear shades. lol

Heck I am still looking at ways to promote that logo. lol
It stays for now.

Pat, when I first joined this site the logo jumped out at me. Of any club it is still, IMO, the sharpest logo around.
Keep the sunglasses...they're great too.( I live in a "beach area", LMAO.) With that thinking should we all get rid of Cichlids as our logos...I mean, I do not believe that Cichlids are found Wild in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic States.:D
I'm stuck with some crummy picture of someones Aulonocara.:p

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I agree Bill, That is the worst looking fish picture I have ever seen.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fischfan13

Banned
I agree Bill, That is the worst looking fish picture I have ever seen.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now I do not want to start any rumors :)angel2:), but someone on my site once brought up the idea of changing that beautiful picture of that amazingly wonderful Aulonocara to a Tang. (
angel-smiley-021.gif
)

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I like the new banner!!! I've always thought our "mascot" was the coolest logo I'd ever seen and still feel that way. ;)

Is there any way the header area could come down a touch farther on the page so that the "banner" is just above the gold line? Other than that, I think it's waaaay cool!!! Good Job Li ;) and great suggestions from the crew ;)