• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need Help!!!

Hello I have a female peacock cichlid and I can't tell but it kind of looks like a white speck is on her body. My water is good its cycled has a great filter and heater I don't over feed them and do water changes every week. I use prime every time I do a water change and have my water tested every week so I'm not sure what this speck is. It doesn't seem to be spreading. Any help would be appreciated. Also my male peacock has been trying to get her to mate but she is being a stubborn brat. He keeps moving stones and making a good little spot for them and he's flaring up around her and shaking and I've seen him try to do that little mateing dance with her but she just runs away and keeps teasing him. Do you guys have any help with any of that. I have good open spots and good hidden spots for them so I don't know. I will also get medication for the speck if I have to but if its not the ich I don't want to medicate them for no reason. I'll send pictures and if I have to get better ones I will. And there is a picture of my other little guy there to

IMG_20190925_015204.jpg

IMG_20190925_015235.jpg

IMG_20190925_015026.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Just keep an eye on it, but it sounds like you're doing other things right. I wouldn't medicate without knowing what you're trying to treat, if it doesn't get worse then she'll be fine.

On a side note, keep an eye on the EBJD too, it could end up being rough for any or all of them, but its a risky mix.

The white mark/spot disappeared so I think it definitely was just a little scrape from the male chasing her around all the time. I feel so relieved it wasn't something more serious. I did order another peacock so he could switch between chasing them and the one not being chased can take a break. It came in yesterday, it's a ob peacock but only unsexed ones were available so I have no clue if it's a male or female. I really think it looks like a female because the fin look more rounded and it just looks to have a feminine face and kind of dull colors. I paid over 35$ after shipping so was really hoping for a colorful fish but it's a gamble with fish online. Also the gills seem to look red when I first got her/him so I'm not sure if the breeders had bad water or just didn't take care of it. I took a video so could someone look and see what they think about the sex and gill thing. I'll do a water change probably tomorrow. And yea I took a gamble adding the peacocks with the EBJD , Every fish is different so hopefully they can behave or I'll have to get another tank for them.