• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NC Aquarium Shop Review

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I was in North Carolina this past weekend for a family wedding and had a chance to visit a LFS on my way back. There are a few LFS in/near Raleigh, but the conveniently accessible ones are generally closed on sundays. I was heading back monday and they opened the doors a few minutes early for me to check out their shop. Here is the general information for the store for anyone interested in visiting in the future:

The Fish Room
6119 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27616
(919) 501-7774
www.thefishroom.net

I was overall very impressed with the store. It is not a large store, and there was only one employee working at the time, but the store was well stocked, the tanks were clean, and everything was well organized and labeled.

They have a very diverse saltwater collection, including various inverts and corals, and a large variety of fish.

They had 2 display tanks, a 340g mostly mbuna tank, and a 180 reef tank. The freshwater selection was diverse as well, with cichlids including:

Julidochromis
Neolamprologous
Firemouths
Severums
Peacocks
Red Empress
Dolphins
Demasoni

The prices were reasonable and the fish appeared healthy. All tanks were labeled properly, and the quality of stock seemed very high. I would recommend this shop to anyone in the Raleigh NC area.

Greg31

Members
I used to live in Greensboro, NC. I worked at Friendly Pets. They have a good selection of common fish as well as usually multiple oddballs.

Fintastic which is in charlotte is also very nice. They have fish only but have mostly saltwater. They have more rare fish and oddball variety.

Both are worth an hour drive to me. Just thought Id give my 2 cents on NC fish stores!!