• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

National Aquarium Renovations

dogofwar

CCA Members
We haven't been since they added sharks but it's a pretty amazing transformation!

Here's a video of the process:

[YT]c0-ZIXIo1OQ[/YT]

Anyone else planning to check it out?

An annual family membership to the National Aquarium is a deal that can't be beat (other than CCA membership, of course).

Matt

spazmattik

Members
We went up a couple weeks ago but they said they were still adding species and the sharks were not in yet :( it was really awesome the way it was set up though.. we also did the 4d show 'salmon run' which was pretty cool ( was my first 4D show experience) also keep an eye out for errors on the displays. I caught the temporalis one. (They had a chocolate cichlid label on the outside of the tank and actually had true parrots inside.. gasp) ;)

mrkillie

Members
Not to put a damper on it, but the National Aquarium in DC is closing in September - don't know if that's been mentioned yet. :(

Hannibal

Members
Glad to see that PITA the turtle still has a home at NAIB.

That turtle bit me on the leg my very first dive!

I was happy to see that they were keeping Calypso when I found out they were redoing the exhibit.

I was down there for one of the members events a few weeks ago and the new exhibit is amazing. Unfortunately the wife left the Nikon at work that day so I was not able to get any good pictures. I did take some photos with my iPhone, they didn't turn out the best but here is the link to my album on my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...348.1073741825.1593399988&type=1&l=2a5136bb49 Just a note not all of the pictures in this album are of the new exhibit.

I will get better pictures with a real camera the next members event we attend.