• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Name That Fish!

DeeCee

Members
Paul, you're so bad. You're making me go look up info on one of our own fish! Where is Ron when I need him??? LOL !!!
(hey, I dunno what they are, I just feed em- oh and take a bunch of pictures with Ron's camera when he's not looking)

OK, you're right with the African part (actually West African), but not Victoria.....

Sonny Disposition

Hmmm...I have absolutely no idea what it is.

It looks streamlined, and like it might feed off the bottom. Is it a stream fish?

Paul, you're so bad. You're making me go look up info on one of our own fish! Where is Ron when I need him??? LOL !!!
(hey, I dunno what they are, I just feed em- oh and take a bunch of pictures with Ron's camera when he's not looking)

OK, you're right with the African part (actually West African), but not Victoria.....[/b]

DeeCee

Members
Good eye, Bob. Here's a hint on where to find them:

{No way I'm Spilling the Beans} is a small, rheophilous cichlid from West Africa, where it is found in stretches of rapids along the Congo River in the vicinity of Kinshasa, the capital of Congo.

He does spend a lot of time resting at the bottom or under rocks though & not out swimming the currents!

DeeCee

Members
Dang!!! See what happens when I ask him for a fish name when he's watching the Primary elections???? :scared0016:

Yes, Sarah, I believe that you're right. I WONDERED why the pictures that I found of the tinanti looked so scrawny compared to our guy. We only have 2 of these fish, and unfortunately, think that they're both males.

DC

longstocking

Members
OK ... NAME THAT FISH ! This might be a bit of a challenge... might not be.

f8964.jpg

Not my pic or fish :)

longstocking

Members
Nice job Bob !!! Orange chromides ... Fish is from India, for anyone wanting to know. Scientific name : Etroplus maculatus

Your turn Bob :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Here are some pics of my breeding orange chromides from a couple of years ago. They're really unique and cool fish, although they really can't be kept with other old or new world cichlids...or each other a lot of times (vicious little buggers).

Matt

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtop...p;&start=15

Nice job Bob !!! Orange chromides ... Fish is from India, for anyone wanting to know. Scientific name : Etroplus maculatus

Your turn Bob :)[/b]

Sonny Disposition

One of the few Asian cichlids, I think. There's also a green chromide. Weird how they're all over Africa and South America, but not too common in the warmer parts of Asia.

Sonny Disposition

OK. Since it's my turn again. Here's a younger me with another mystery fish. It's an actual cichlid. (Not a Bizarro cichlid.)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Looks like a Tilapia (Saratherodon sp.).

OK. Since it's my turn again. Here's a younger me with another mystery fish. It's an actual cichlid. (Not a Bizarro cichlid.)

<div class='quotemain'>Nice job Bob !!! Orange chromides ... Fish is from India, for anyone wanting to know. Scientific name : Etroplus maculatus

[/b][/quote]