• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Naevochromis Chrysogaster

MIA

Members
Able to pick some up, so will prob just pull the trigger. Saw the breeders and the male is nice... just have not heard of them before and not sure what they are like in the tank. Petco 40 breeder lol

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've kept them...twice. One of the more aggressive Malawi haps that will absolutely not work in a 40B (I've tried it). I wouldn't put a group in anything less than a 75.

They are egg stealers, who make a living off of ramming the pouches of holding females. The female drops the eggs and they get eaten. This makes them that much harder to breed.... or keep with other fish you are trying to breed.

MIA

Members
Thanks Tony, meant another 40 b to grow them lol (2in at the moment). Appreciate the info, that is why I asked, most sites on the web have them listed as peaceful!!

Tony

Thanks Tony, meant another 40 b to grow them lol (2in at the moment). Appreciate the info, that is why I asked, most sites on the web have them listed as peaceful!!

10-4. Just be ready to move them when the male starts to color up. Mine started wrecking each other at about 2.5"-3".

Still a cool, uncommon hap. Good luck and post some pics when you get them. :happy0180:

MIA

Members
k good to know. Ty thought would have a little more time before issues... maybe a 55 then to buy a bit more time...

Tony

If you have the option right off the bat, go with a 55 for them. See how it goes... leave them in a 40B or 55 and move them when things get nasty.

MIA

Members
90G cycling

So.... :D picked up a 90G and built a stand for it. Cycling now.

Thoughts on should I get a 40B or 55 for the bottom? Which is better? why? Not sure what's going in the bottom yet. The top will have the Rhoadesii and Chrysogasters

IMAG3043.jpg

IMAG3046.jpg

Tony

So.... :D picked up a 90G and built a stand for it. Cycling now.

Congrats!

Thoughts on should I get a 40B or 55 for the bottom? Which is better? why? Not sure what's going in the bottom yet. The top will have the Rhoadesii and Chrysogasters

Whatever fits better... it won't make that much a difference to the fish, but will get old fast if there's not enough clearance between the top of the bottom tank and the stand.