• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My tank, updated as things change

secuono

Members
Dang dude. Google'd Sperryville and you're way out there.

I have shipped before. Let me check on my stocklist of growouts and I'll send you a PM. I got rid of a ton of fish at the ACA.

We could probably get by with USPS flat rate shipping, which is pretty cheap. Small fish ship well.

Let me know what you have!

secuono

Members
294274_244739258892923_100000705527207_817612_852018_n.jpg

226074_244741445559371_100000705527207_817615_4470792_n.jpg

Anyone know what kind this last one is? May be a mutt, idk. Only have one, unfortunately. It's pretty calm.
291989_244741728892676_100000705527207_817616_289498_n.jpg

secuono

Members
Been feeding them 3-4x a day, they don't seem to pester each other much cus of it. I got 6 fry free, I believe there are 4 now, idk, I would have to go look. They were smaller than a CM, now almost 2cm and already being little meanies.

secuono

Members
Added 5 more pvc pipes I got and painted today.
I'll be placing rocks/hide outs first in their bigger tank, if I can get it, don't feel like messing with everything in here. Too much dust and stress on the fish.
296630_245270342173148_100000705527207_819074_1542045_n.jpg

Last edited:

secuono

Members
Krylon Fusion, though right after I spray one side, I tossed on some sand/dirt. Then sprayed again to keep it on. Gave them a bit more real look.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Been feeding them 3-4x a day, they don't seem to pester each other much cus of it. .

Dude. I'd say twice daily max. Your fish may grow a bit faster, but in the long run, they will not live as long. Also, it's generally accepted that any health benefits the fish will receive from extra feedings are negated by the decrease in water quality.

Not trying to lecture, just something I'd be nervous about.

Love the ducks, btw.

secuono

Members
Yea, it's usually just 2 to 3 times a day now. 3x on my days off, 2x when I work. I was feeding 4x the first week and a bit I got them.
I also change the water every 3 days on all my tanks. Usually 1/3 if not more.
Also read that more feedings lessen aggression, idk.

Should I try catching the 3 little devils or should I let them grow and try to re-home them on here?

secuono

Members
Ok, I have;
2 Acei
3-4 Labs
4-5 red zebra
1 unknown gray
5 unknown fry
Returning these 3 tomorrow.
1 bumblebee
2 kenyii

secuono

Members
Finally got rid of the last 3 baby evil fish. Now all I have are the nice ones, still no plant eating. Got some Seaweed green to feed them, they don't understand it yet though. Neither do I, it's got a weird texture and shine, lol. 6 babies are in a larger better net in the main tank. Been tossing in plants for them. The red zebra made a little ditch in the front right corner, it's so cool to watch him maintain it.

What are some other peaceful, slightly mean fish I could add? No one on here is selling any fish I want, or at least not several of the different kinds. Guess I will have to buy from a site y'all don't really approve of that, but I cannot afford 10 different shipping payments of $40 and all that mess.

I also do not get why meat eaters are not allowed with them, no food is purely veggie or algae, so why bother? Other than the seaweed stuff.
Fiance wanted some orange blotch peacocks, they were very cool looking. I guess their patterns change as they grow into those more defined spots?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So long as aggression is somewhat matched, I mix mbuna and haps/peacocks freely. Feed them all a quality pellet and don't worry about it.

I agree with Tony on the food question. I know its tough to be patient, but with the club just going through hosting ACA, you have three big reasons why folks dont have fish to sell. They sold them before ACA to free up space, during ACA to free up space and pay for their convention, or are burned out right now and need a mental break. You should plan to come to the September meeting where I am sure there will be a ton of fish for you to choose from. I would take these guys advice regarding which sites are respectable to buy from. The last thing you want is to buy from a site because they were the cheapest, only to get the fish home, have them pass a disease to your whole tank and wipe out all your fish. So last bit of advice, as you are picking up all these fish, you need to quarantine the fish for a couple weeks to make sure they are healthy before adding them to your main tank.