• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My business could use your support! Small business contest

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Hi Guys!
I found out about this contest by Intuit where they give away $5000 to 15 small businesses in the month of December, based on votes, to fulfill a small business wish.
As many of you know, I had some personal finance disaster when my credit card company erronously withdrew $5000 from my personal checking account. I had to drain my business accounts to cover my mortgage and bills, and by the time I was reimbursed, the bills were due again. Consequently, my business money has been tight. In addition to this, I spent a fair amount of money preparing for the hurricane (55g of gas, generator leads, sump pumps, etc etc). While I did not end up being effected by flooding, many of my customers have been. My sales have gone down by over 50%. Normally, this would not be a big deal, but with the credit card debacle, business cash is quite low. You may have noticed that my stocklist is a bit more slim than usual.

I have entered this contest as there is some equipment that I could really use for the fish room. I need a rebuild kit for my central pump, I also really need to get some sort of high quality video capability so that I can add good video to my presentations for clubs and conventions. Lastly, that money woudl go to doing a large livestock order to fill all my empty tanks, and restock many things that I like to keep available at all times.

Your support would be much appreciated, as businesses who receive the most votes are then selected and put to further scrutiny by the judging panel. I would love to upgrade my fishroom and fill those tanks, all while being able to provide higher quality images and videos to help teach my customers about the critters that I love.

The link to vote for my business is:
http://bit.ly/Vb7V7K

Thank you!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Voted! Also, I looked at others wishes. You're killing them!!! The next closest total was 41 to your 232! Go get 'em Rachel.

There's some really dumb wishes on there too! :confused:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
yea, there are some really poorly thought out ones.

The rules say that they basically cut checks to vendors, so that could be interesting for me as I do direct imports. Guess I would have to go through a tranship company if I win.

I really want to upgrade my camera, get ligths on half the fishroom, upgrade my drain/fill system, etc. This would be SUCH a boost for me!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Thanks Ruth!!

I am pretty sure it is one vote per customer, which actually seems fair to me. Thank you guys!!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Well, if you're only allowed to vote once, then someone's getting fired!?! I just voted again. You're up to 308 and counting..... ;)

Jefft

Members
I voted and used the share link to put it on my facebook page will encourage all my face book friends to help out as well.