• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

More Apistos - in Lancaster

kaj41354

Members
Saturday September 18th at 1:00pm at That Fish Place in Lancaster PA

MY EXPERIENCE IN MAINTAINING AND BREEDING THE APISTOGRAMMA GENUS - by Sal Silvestri

SAL_SILVESTRI.jpg
Sal Silvestri has been an active hobbyist for over 35 years. It all started with one goldfish won at a carnival. This one bowl eventually grew to a 55 g tank which housed two 14 " Oscars. Even though he has kept and bred a variety of fish "Cichlids" are still his favorite.​
Sal's tanks grew along with his breeding skills, and 35 years later he currently has twelve running tanks, which range from 10 to seventy-five gallons. Four tanks house several varieties of Apistogramma species, Two are devoted to communities of Lake Tanganyikan / Malawi Cichlids, another of Sal's favorite. The remaining tanks contain a variety of cichlids from West African to tetras, loaches and catfish (Zebra Plecos).​
Sal joined and became very active in the Norwalk Aquarium Society in 1975, where he has held various positions in the board and presently serves as president and program chairperson. He traveled the show circuit extensively, his fish winning many awards. He then went on to become a certified NEC judge, for which he is high in demand during the show season. Sal's notoriety has spread far and wide, as he has generously shared his knowledge and wisdom during many speaking engagements throughout the Northeast. He has also written many articles and honored with reprints in ACA's Buntbarsche Bulletin and society magazines across the country, Japan and Europe. His author awards include numerous FAAS as well as NEC recognitions.​

Spine

Members
I hope I don't have something to do on Saturday,lol. Looks like I'll need to be on the road by10am.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Ya know Kurt, I keep forgetting that your meetings are held at "That Fish Place."

That's Fantastic! Wish I could be there, maybe someday soon.

Have Fun.