• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mexican Restaurant

Lively

Members
My wife and I went to Bermuda. I found a little convenience store near us that had frozen microwavable steak and kidney pie. I had it almost every day we were there much to my wife's disgust. The woman never has had any taste. I have looked for it in this god forsaken country ever since. Who knew Bermuda was so far ahead of us?

George

It's 'cause they didn't toss the brits out like we did...

I say "we" with more than a touch of irony as both my parents were born and raised in England... lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
No steaks?!?!?! What do you eat? lol

And on the potatoes if i was irish i would have died in the potato famine. Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, fries, potato soup, potato bread, chips, you name it!

LOl
Anything fattening. Cant you tell?

I eat fries, potato bread, chips, a baked tater or two. no mashed.
Had it tooooooooo much when growing up. Same with the steak.
I've told this too many times on here but growing up thats all my father would eat. Minimum 5 nights per week was Steak and mashed potatoes. So when I bought my own house at 21........... Thats right, no more steak or mashed. My mother could not cook either. Yellow lumpy mashed potatoes. blah

Lively

Members
So, it is specifically steak - not beef in general. In that case... try the beef fajita! And, you'd be fine with beef pie... I've never wasted a perfectly good steak when I make that - don't know anyone who would. It's really a nice stew in a pastry shell. Steak would be a bad choice as it turns tough when you cook it too long.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
If you could even find kidney! mmm - now I want some steak and onion pie. (goes to the freezer to see what she has)
I can tell you are not a fan, but you can get beef kidney at almost any super market. We now have several Asian markets near me (Reston, VA) that have any kind of meat or fish you could imagine. Throw in some kidney with those onions:wub:.

George