• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mbuna and school

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Am I crazy? I'm interested in knowing if anyone has experience with small schooling fish with Malawi's? 90gallon
4 lithobates 1m 3f
4 labs. 1n 2f 1unknown
4 hongi sexs unknown
3 otterpoint peacock cichlids 1m 2f

Want to add plecos or cats
(corries?) Not familiar with them so not sure if any of them can hang with Africans
And maybe maybe something small and hardy that schools?

Again I'm happy with the tank just need to add some plecos. I have no need for small fish just wanted to know if anyone else has had experience or if its even possible.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1412285324.169188.jpg

verbal

CCA Members
They aren't small, but rainbow fish could work well in your tank. Australians would be good ones to start with before you get too fancy.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
+1 on rainbowfish. Giant danios work as well. (In general - anything big, fast and dumb will work as open-water fish)

Smaller syno's - multipunctata, schoutedeni or petricola also work well with Malawi cichlids.

Cories will end up becoming chew toys.

Get a group of synos they are great. They school and once established are quite active. They hold their own with the toughest and they clean the tank better than most other cats ive kept.

Sent from my SM-S890L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Get a group of synos they are great. They school and once established are quite active. They hold their own with the toughest and they clean the tank better than most other cats ive kept.

Sent from my SM-S890L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Any suggestions on smallest variety that won't be lunch. Any experience with pygmy syno (petricola)?
@ Tony- Have you kept them before.?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited: