• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Marina Power Filters Slim S15

Leffler817

CCA Members
I was cruising through Petsmart looking for sponges. I stumbled across a MARINA POWER FILTER SLIM S15 on clearance for $5.47! It is a HOB filter rated for 15 gallons. Here's the hook, it's only 2" (two inches) thick!!! It's powered by a AC 10 (or similar looking) power head that sits in the tank and sends water through a plastic tube into the HOB section where three bags of different media sit. The water fills up through the media then returns to the tank. Just like a traditional HOB filter. Plus there is a coarse sponge over the intake. I read the box and it's made by HAGEN! I searched online, ok just amazon, because they were the cheapest available and read all the reviews. No one had anything bad to say about the filters. Also amazon's prices were three times the clearance price at the store. I couldn't pass up a $5.47 filter for a 15 gallon tank! My question is has anyone ever heard or used these filters? There were only 5 filters of this size remaining. They had lots of filters for 10s and 20s but are clearing out the 15s.

Also, all aqueon pro heaters were marked down.

Thoughts about the filter??? Not about petsmart cuz they still stink. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app