• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

March Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The March meeting of the Capital Cichlid Association will be on March 10th, at 2pm.

This month we will have Ken Davis back with us. Ken gave a great talk last year and we had our
biggest turn out to date. This time he will be talking about a trip he took to the Far East.

We will have the usual refreshments and this month will be a Hot Wing month.
There will be a tank in the raffle this month. Will bring a 29 gallon tank.

As we get a little closer I will let you know of any special items in the mini auction.

The March meeting of the Capital Cichlid Association will be on March 10th, at 2pm.

This month we will have Ken Davis back with us. Ken gave a great talk last year and we had our
biggest turn out to date. This time he will be talking about a trip he took to the Far East.

We will have the usual refreshments and this month will be a Hot Wing month.
There will be a tank in the raffle this month. Will bring a 29 gallon tank.

As we get a little closer I will let you know of any special items in the mini auction.
[/b]

far east as in asia? ..cool i can definately strike a chat with him..i grew up there ;)

fishfarm

Members
In May and June 2001 a group of 15 American and German discus breeders and importers went to tour Asian fish farms in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Siagon, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, and Singapore and attend the international Discus Competition in Maylasia and the Aquarama in Singapore. It's mostly a discus program with lots of shots of the fish, farms and the sites. I'll also bring a box of assorted fish for the auction. Ken

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Once again Ken is supporting the club by bringing
fish for the auction. Lets make this meeting a big one like last year.

Thank you Ken.

Pat

Laxison

Members
I attended the CCA meetings for the first time and had to pleasure of hearing Ken speak! His presentation was wonderful and I immediately paid Pat my registration fee to join the club! He won me over!!

A definite one NOT to miss! He's such a nice guy and is fun to listen to!

fishfarm

Members
Here is my current fishlist if any one wants to pre-order, what I bring to donate will depend on availablility, but if you want to buy some fish I'll be ahppy to bring them. I may get in a shipment of wild fish from Brazil or Colombia before the talk. Ken
Wilds:
Amphilophus hogaboomorum Rio Chuloteca $20 (4) 2.5-4"
Geophagus sp Rio Aeroes $30 (10) 2.5-3.5"
Geophagus sp. Bahia Red $15 (10) 3-3.5"
Satanoperca juripari $20 (1) 4.5"
Domestic Discus;
I have about 10 adult discus of various strains. Many have been used as breeders. Please inquire in interested $65 each. (no proven pairs, but proven males)
Domestic Central and South American:
Aequidens rivulatus Gold Saum F1 $4 (30) 1"
Amphilophus citranellus Barred $5 (40) 1-2"
Amphilophus citranellus Colored $5 (50) 1-2"
Amphilophus labiatus F2 Colored $4 (40) 1.5-2
Caquetaia spectablis F1 $5 (40) 1"
Caquetaia umbrifera $5 (25) 1"
Caguetaia umbrifera $10 (5) 2.5-3.5"
Cichlasoma islantum $8 (10) 1-1.5
Cryptoheros sp. Honduran Red Point Rio Monga F1 $5 (30) 1"
Crytotoheros nigrofasiatus F1 Rio Choluteca Orange dorsal Convict $5 (50) 1"
Cryptoheros septemfasiatus $6 (12) 1.5-2.5"
Cryptoheros spilurum Rio Teste F1 $5 (100) 1-1.5"
Cryptoheros spilurum F1 Rio Blanco Gold $5 (30) 1-1.5"
Cichlasoma festae $5 (30) 1.5-2"
Cichlasoma grammodes $5 (100) $5
Nadopsis hatiensis $5 (100) 1-2"
Neetroplus panamenses Red $6 (10) 1/2"
Parachromis dovi F1 $5 (30) 1-1.5"
Uaru amphiacanthoides $8 (50) 1.5-2
Domestic African:
Astastotilapia calliptera $3 (20) 1.5-2"
Hemichromis lifalili $5 (8) 2-3"
Julidochromis ornatus albino $8 (6) 1/2-1"
Julidochromis ornatus albino syblings $4 (20) 1/2-1"
Julidochromis transcriptus $5 (10) 1/2-1"

fishfarm

Members
maybe 12 caliptera, any Victorians?
[/b]
Ron, Calipteras are young adults, should start breeding soon. I use them with Syn. multipuncatus. I have two Victorians I don't know what they are. I picked them up because I've never seen them before and they were mislabled. Both are striking fish and I have lots of nearly grown fry. I'll e-mail you pics of the adults. Ken

I also have a shipment of Colombian fish coming in on March 1st, Apistos, wild rams, lots of Geos and pikes, wild angels and royal plecos. I'll list them once they are here.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hope to see you Crveballin.
Ken is a great speaker and everyone last year had a good time. Last year he brought at least 10 bags of fish with him for the mini auction and most were fish that we do not get around here on a regular basis. He was the first speaker that we had ever flown in for a talk. We followed him up last year with Rusty Wessel. Because of how that went over last year, we decided to expand it this year. This year 5 of our speakers are coming long distance to talk to us. Should be a blast......

Theresa_M

Members
This has been an absolutely crazy hectic year for me but I'm really really really going to try to be there Saturday. My fish-addict daughter wants to go as well so I'm sure she'll be reminding me daily lol

Crveballin

Members
Well I will not be making my first appearance at this month meeting. I completely forgot I had tickets to Shamrockfest at RFK this weekend. Hopefully I can make Ted's talk on my birthday in April.

maddog10

Members
WOW! I hope you made it to the meeting, if not you will never know what you missed. Thanks again to Ken Davis for taking the time (away from his family) to visit with us and give us a history lesson on discus. His talk was once again informative and entertaining. Thanks for bringing the fish, it is greatly appreciated, you always bring fish that we just don't see around here.

Thanks to Cristy, for bringing the slide projector on such short notice.

Thank you, Michelle, for filling in for John.

Thank you Ron, for housing and feeding Ken while he was up. Your behind the scenes efforts for the club don't go unnoticed. Thanks for "helping" at the auction.

Thanks to Pat and Tracey for putting it all together. I know it is an all day (if not 2 or more) chore, getting all the food lined up and bought and then getting it to the meeting.

Especially want to thank everyone who came out to the meeting today, I think it was our biggest turn out yet (I know we were over 40).

See you next month!!

It was a blast!!!

Club membership dues are miniscule compared to the value of the price for admission today.

I'm not a discus or new world guy, but Ken is a wonderful speaker. His presentation is soooo entertaining.

And the auction...holy s---. People walked away with unbelivable bargains on rare fish. :eek:

Enjoyed it immensely :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks guys. I too want to thank everyone for todays meeting. We had a lot of new faces that I hope we see more off.
Ken, thank you for coming back up here and putting up with us. We look forward to your talks and your wit.

I counted 41 people plus a couple of little ones. (yes I know they are people also) :p

Lets keep it rolling.

DeeCee

Members
Awww now, Pat. Just because I'm short, I hope you didn't include me in the "little ones" Heee heee!

Yes, Ken did give a fantastic program, as always. Lots of great info on discus and the foreign lands he's visited. Thanks a bunch, Ken!

I STILL can't figure out how I managed to out-bid Ron on the German Blue Rams though! Whew! :p

DeeCee

Theresa_M

Members
plus a couple of little ones [/b]

It's sometimes difficult to consider my oldest son (Andy) a 'little one' now that he's taller than me lol

The three of us had a really great time, and both of the kids are looking forward to the next meeting. Glad I got the family membership this year.

Andy got a discus book in the bag of goodies he received. He & my daughter talked with Ken about keeping a discus in a community tank and now they're doing further research. Looks like I'll be fish-shopping sometime soon :p

I encourage anyone who hasn't attending a meeting to do so, it's definitely worth it!