• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Longstocking Photos Part 2

Here are few more of Sarah's fish from our session this week.

Imagine this, what's the odds. A N. Brichardi with fry nearby. ;)
NBrichardiwFry.jpg

Some sort of Tropheus
SecondShot.jpg

White Calvus (little guy)
WhiteCalvus1.jpg

Synodontis multi....
Syndo2.jpg

I don't know. Neolamprologus something (I know Daniel has this fish too)
Neo2.jpg

Don't know
Sarah4.jpg

A happy couple expecting soon. (shame I was only focusing on the male)
Pair1.jpg

J. Marlieri (I think)
JMaleri1.jpg

Totally got frustrated waiting for a dorsal spread from these Tropheus. Nice profile, but bald...
Tropheus4.jpg

And last for now, a partial tank shot...
Tank1.jpg

Sarah and Bill, had a blast shooting the fish.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, Bobby
Do you want my camera and flash.
I think I should give up. I could never take pictures as well as you do Bobby.
I would be kidding myself.
Sarah, Just beautiful
All I can say

Nice words Pat. But stop down playing your own ability. You do some nice work too.

As for Sarah's fish, yeah she has some beauties. Her tanks are very well aquascaped and she keeps them clean. Even her breeder tanks. I'm working on some new techniques in photoshop on her big show tank in the living room. I know I can't make it look as nice as it is in real person. That's why I'm studying something new and attempt to apply it to her tank shots before I post them.

Oh, sure you can throw your camera bag my way. Never have enough. :lol:

longstocking

Members
Bobby... just amazing !!!

# 6 is my favorite.... how in the heck did you get him to look like he is alone in a tank with 30 or fish? lol

#6 is petrochromis fasciolatus neon eye ikola

1 is a "red dot" brichardi
2 duboisi maswa
3 "chaitika"
5 is nigriventris
7 Xenotilapia spilopterus (Kipili)

I do keep my tanks fairly clean all the time.... but still had to work on the tanks a bit.. so they were ok for shooting. I've taken many pics with big old smudge marks on them... and know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully you didn't have to do too much clean up in PS.

Glad you like them Sarah.

Number 6 was taken when I moved the step ladder farther away from the tank. I changed lenses for the distant shots to the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di. I have a couple others you haven't seen yet with that lens.

Btw folks, I shot about two thirds of the 193 shots either standing on a step ladder or sitting on the floor. :wacko:

longstocking

Members
Yes... those are the rocks from up in Timonium by the Maryland fair grounds... for 3 dollars all you can hand pick :blink: They are part limestone part granit... been using them for a few years now... only down side... they are a bit heavy.

Thanks Joseff :D