• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Liquidation

Plenipotentiary-at-large

It’s all going:

Ptyacochromis oligacanthus – reliable spawning pair, truly awesome Madagascar cichlids
Cobra guppies – 15+ adults
Oblongum fry – 100+
Apisto.vijeita females – 3 adults
Apisto. vijeita quartet –M/FFF adults
Biotodoma cupido – 4 adults
Wild Surinam angel – 1 adult
Nannacara aureocephalus – 6+ juveniles/adults
Black veil angels – 4 adults
Paraiba blue angels – 4 adults
Acarichtyhs heckelii pair – M/F adults – perhaps the most stunning New World cichlid
Apisto. iniridae 4-5 adults
Inca stone fish – 1 adult male
Large yellow Ancistrus – numerous M/F adults
Apisto. panduro – reliable spawning pair
Apisto. panduro – 6-8 juveniles
Discus – 1 captive bred medium-sized adult (very pretty- wild type with red & blue fins)
Apito. Kelleri – awesome breeding pair of large mouth-breeding type
Apisto. Kelleri – 6-8 juveniles
Nannacara anomala – 6-8 juvemiles/adults + fry
Betta unimcaulata – 10-12 1†juveniles of largest Betta species
Nimbochromis teugelsi – 4-5 adults
Corydoras weitzmani – 15+ adults
Corydoras super arcuatus – 12+ adults of second largest Corydoras
Corydoras robustus – 7-8 adults, largest member of genus Corydoras
Apisto. Kelleri white variety – 2 adult pairs
Show-class angels – 3 spawning pairs, 3-4 years old:
Philippine blue M/F;
Huge M dark hybrid black superveil combtail M/Platinum pearlscale veil F;
Huge M platinum SV combtail/Philippine blue F

Tanks:
(1) 75 48†x 18†mint with tops, Catalina 4 tube T5 light fixture w/moonlights, serviceable but homely double door wooden stand on casters/wheels is optional/free.
(2) 55H black trim, glass tops, Deep Blue 48†dual T5s w/moonlights – one with very groovy hardwood cabinet with double doors and drawer, one with double wrought iron stand that will hold another 55 or 2 20Hs or a 33 or a 44 (anything 48†x 12â€)
(2) 40B with glass tops, 36†Deep Blue dual T5/Coralife twin compact fluorescent (CF)
(1) 33L with double T8 shop light
(2) 30 36†x 12†with double wrought iron stand, cheap lights
(1) 30 cube with cabinet stand and tops (nice)
(2) 29Hs with tops, T5 w/moonlights or CF fixture
(3) 20Ls with tops, T5 fixtures w/moonlights
(2) 20Hs with tops
(1) Metaframe steel and slate 20L with plastic hood
(1) 15 with tops, 30†Deep Blue dual T5
(18) 10s with glass tops, sponge filters
(6) 5s, three with full plastic hoods/lights, 2 more w/glass tops, one plain tank, sponge filters

Stands:

2 72†x 18†black angle iron double stands, one center braced (each will hold 12 10s on end, 4 40Bs or various combination of small tanks;
2 wrought iron double 48†x 12†stands;
Black double wooden stand for 2 20Ls

Have numerous 24" to 48" Coralife CFs and Deep Blue T5s, 40+ variously sized Jaeger/Fluval M heaters, various HOB and sponge filters, etc., etc., etc. as well as a massive amount of Anubias, driftwood, low-light plants and substrates that includes a lot of fine white gravel and clean white play sand (very fine), also agate pea and finer stone/gravel.

If something here appeals to you send me a PM and make an offer (can mix and match and/or put together complete set-ups for those wishing to just plug and play) – if I think it’s a fair offer I’ll let you know ASAP - whatever doesn’t sell goes to Aquafest. I’m in NW DC between Columbia Heights & U Street Metro stations on Green/Yellow line. Can bring items to meeting but pick-ups get priority/better deals.

JasonC

Members
Uhhhhhh... wow?

Was this latest trip to India in reference to a post made several months ago about a possible new opportunity in that area? Either way, hope you aren't going totally off grid w/ the club... gonna miss you around here.

zackcrack00

Members
Sam, I hope you are not leaving! I am going to miss the advice and the posts that make me have to go to dictionary.com to understand them!!! If you really are leaving, thanks for all of the advice and the free plants.

ddavila06

Members
dude..sad to see you going!
i am though interested in some of your fish:

Nannacara Anomala group and maybe the white variety of A. Kelleri, what is the difference w the normal ones? pm me about them.

MonteSS

Members
Sorry to hear. You have always been very kind to me and others.

I would be interested in some Apistos if you want to ship.

....Bill

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Very very sad to see you go, Sam, but I understand. Your 5 years in DC is up.... time to go find a new adventure.

To anyone considering some of these fish, they are top notch. His hecklii are some of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen and much larger than mine. Someone needs to jump on those and the Biotidoma stat. His discus is also pretty awesome.... calling him medium size is being pretty far on the conservative side.

You certainly will be missed, my brother.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, Sam has some great fish left. Very cool apistos and some very nice corydoras.
He also has good equipment.

Step and buy, folks!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yes, Sam has some great fish left. Very cool apistos and some very nice corydoras.
He also has good equipment.

Step and buy, folks!

Oh yeah, forgot about his awesome cories... some only very rarely seen int he hobby.

halkentjr

Members
hello. I am very interested in the b.cupido. are they breeding pairs? I'm also interested in the ancistrus and cories. I can come by to pick up anytime. my name is eric. thank you

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Open house blow-out sale

Thursday after 4:00PM and all day Friday. Plants, fish, tanks, filters, lights, etc. - it's just easier this way. Deals on everything - only ask that visitors be well-behaved.

Address is 2615 13th Street NW at Euclid Street, DC, top floor, midway between Columbia Heights and U Street Metro stations on green/yellow line. Will hold items or may bring to meeting if I receive a reasonable bid in advance.

Sam -- I'd like all 15 blue tetras. You tell me the price.

Plus the aforementioned plants.

I will try to come by Friday rather than make you haul them to the meeting, but I'm still working (I'm not furloughed) so that might not work . . .

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm really sad to see Sam go - CCA's truly losing one of its most thoughtful, generous and inspiring members.

Matt

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Really

You're all so very full of it...

Holly: since you're hyper-conscientious, how about you decide what's fair and then give me $5-$10 less than that...

Becca

Members
Oh Sam, learn to take a lofty compliment, or ten...

I can come out Friday night, leave by 6 which means getting there around 7, but I won't have help - if anyone else is planning to be there around that time who can help with some heavy lifting (55-gallon and stand), let me know? I'll bring beer.

Normally I'd bring my husband, but someone has to watch Isaac, who won't fit in the car with a 55 gallon tank and stand...