• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LFS in Maryland that Offers the Largest African Cichlid Variety?

TEAMRamey

CCA Members
I’m looking for a LFS in Maryland that carriers the largest variety of African Cichlids My son has grown extremely interested in the hobby, and I’d like to plan some quality road trips. Please note I will consider traveling into neighboring states (Delaware, Pennsylvania and Virginia) within a certain distance, to ensure a quality selection.

Your input is well appreciate...

Roni Z

CCA Members
I’m looking for a LFS in Maryland that carriers the largest variety of African Cichlids My son has grown extremely interested in the hobby, and I’d like to plan some quality road trips. Please note I will consider traveling into neighboring states (Delaware, Pennsylvania and Virginia) within a certain distance, to ensure a quality selection.

Your input is well appreciate...
Hi TR
I’ve been the hobby for just over a year and have Peacocks and HAPS.
I started by buying about 30 from a breeder in Leesburg.
He has beautiful, high quality fish.
In addition, I’ve bought from a few members of CCA, to help support them.
One guy in particular has gorgeous Taiwan Reefs, Ruby Reds, Blue snd Platinum Dragonbloods.
Feel free to reach out if you’d like contact info.
Best
Ron

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Welcome! Where are you located? There may be some local stores that don't have the largest selection, but might be an easy trip.

Above recommendations are sound, but having a reference point will make suggestions easier.

TEAMRamey

CCA Members
Thanks everyone for your input. I’m located in Frederick County which is the perfect location to go in any direction.

TEAMRamey

CCA Members
Hi TR
One guy in particular has gorgeous Taiwan Reefs, Ruby Reds, Blue snd Platinum Dragonbloods.
Best
Ron
Hi TR
Best
Ron
Contact information would be appreciated

lock jaw

CCA Members
If you click on Ron's name/nickname below his image you can start a private conversation with him.

I believe the Leesburg guy, Ron Z is talking about is TJ, he has an impressive fish room, very clean tanks and a lot of cichlids. He also has a ton of ads on Craigslist, keep in mind that the pictures posted might not be his fish or currently available and pricing varies. He is usually home and available for you to visit, he replies to texts within an hour. His contact TJ (703) 283-9490.

The 2nd guy is a member on this forum, known as Wet Sleeves Wet Sleeves , I have been to his fish room its really nice, he breeds those fish listed above and more. Contact him to see what he has available.

Roni Z

CCA Members
Hi .... here you go :
TJ in Ashburn, VA +1 (703) 283-9490
Brett in Falls Church +1 (703) 424-5921
Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring also gets real nice ones - I was just there yesterday and got 3 x $75 special (look at the big tank to left of cashier when you walk in. Owner is Steve.
Best
Ron

Reed

Very Fishe
Hi .... here you go :
TJ in Ashburn, VA +1 (703) 283-9490
Brett in Falls Church +1 (703) 424-5921
Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring also gets real nice ones - I was just there yesterday and got 3 x $75 special (look at the big tank to left of cashier when you walk in. Owner is Steve.
Best
Ron
Brett has some awesome VeryFishe stock!

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Not many LFS in the area. The larges store and one with the most variety is HOT(House of Tropicals) I live in F.rederick county also, HOT is close to 1 hr away. There are a lot of members in the club that have very nice fish for sale also at 1/2 the price of a LFS. Good luck

AquaStudent

Members
Jay and Cichlids are Special have a great selection of African cichlids. He's located up in Pennsylvania and the COVID restrictions are making things difficult for those out of state.

He does not operate a physical location but you can see all that he has online. He is also a sponsor of the club and great supporter of local hobbyists. When you find the fish you are looking for, reach out to him. You may be able to meet on the border or something.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Rick's fish and pets if you're not already aware. Not the largest selection but it would be a short trip.

Congressional in Rockville is similar, not the largest selection but a short trip.

That Pet Place in Lancaster PA could be worth the trip, their selection can be hit or miss but you can check their website for a preview.

Plenty of online vendors that are worthwhile and trustworthy if you're willing to try that route. I used to be skeptical but have had great luck with a few vendors.

The selection of www.davesfish.com has some of the best variety for Africans and he is a club sponsor and very easy to deal with.

KenyanCichlidGuy

CCA Members
Hi TR
Best
Ron

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I home this week guys. If you want to come check out the fish room you're more than welcome :cool: . I'm overloaded with dragon blood peacocks currently, so I need to move these guys.