• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Just wow

NYfan78

Members
So I went to house of tropicals today to check out tanks and came across this tank slash vivarium. Its called a aquaplantarium. I fell in love with it. Pricey but only have to buy plants fish frogs newts or whatever we want and gravel! Now to sell it to the girlfriend......

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thai

Members
Take a regular tank, turn it on its side and silicone a piece of glass half way up...instant vivarium

NYfan78

Members
By the time I buy a 75 gal tank and nice stand all the supplies and all the holey rock u have 800 right there easily!!

Ading522

Members
By the time I buy a 75 gal tank and nice stand all the supplies and all the holey rock u have 800 right there easily!!

Not if you wait for cl deals..

75 gallon and stand: free-$200
Ac110: $40-45
Glass: salvage/free
Canister filter : $60-100

Other:
Diy styro background: $30?
Silicone: tube for $4+?

You are looking at $350+
$400+ but less than $600 if you want to make a canopy and stain..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ading522

Members
or he can do it by himself.. i spent $100 for my 84x24x36H stand..salvaged a front covering from a old 72" long stand.. haha..all thats left is to paint and stain.. and i am waiting for warmer days..

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Craigslist is your friend! I got an acrylic round corner 55 with oak stand, canopy and HOB filter for $299. Tank alone was worth the price.

NYfan78

Members
I have no time or space with us living in a condo to do diy stuff. May take you up on your offer for the stand though!!!

NYfan78

Members
Its all enclosed. Has a sliding glass that lifts up.