• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June GWAPA Meeting on LED

halak

Members
At the June 22nd meeting in Herdon, VA, a representative from RapidLED (http://www.rapidled.com/) will give a presentation and a workshop on LED fixtures. At the workshop, you have the opportunity to build your custom LED fixture with the guidance from the experts right there! If you'd like to order materials to participate in the workshop, they are giving GWAPA members a 15% discount on their Internet prices (excluding Neptune and Ecotech products). You can view RapidLED's LED kits/prices at their website.

Note: 15% discount is only available for active GWAPA members. Membership is $20.

Attendees that do not order materials for the workshop are welcome to watch to learn what's involved with building your own LED fixture that's optimized for plants.

JasonC

Members
wow... that sounds like an awesome workshop! Too bad I'l be out of town on vacation :(

To tie to another thread, it would be awesome for us to try doing some form of workshop day.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i really want to attend this, but am just returning back from a 15 day FL trip and am not sure fi my husband would divorce me if I did this too

zackcrack00

Members
i really want to attend this, but am just returning back from a 15 day FL trip and am not sure fi my husband would divorce me if I did this too

Ooohhh! Are you going to collect sailfin mollies while you're there? I would be interested if you are!

halak

Members
The meeting on LEDs is tomorrow at 1 P.M. here:

Merrifield Garden Center
Fair Oaks
12101 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-968-9600

chriscoli

Administrator
Thanks, Arlene! Thank you, GWAPA, for hosting an awesome topic.

For any CCA-ers that weren't able to attend, I can bring the fixture to a meeting in the future if you're interested in seeing how it was assembled.

Seriously....it was amazingly easy to put together. I'll post some pics a little later on.

chriscoli

Administrator
Close up of an individual LED. The heat sink can be ordered pre-drilled for the screws, or they can be glued on. The rest of the wiring just plugs together. They also have LEDs that can be soldered instead if you are set up for that.

image.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I emailed them a while back with a few questions. They responded promptly and were very helpful.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App