• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

JBJ nano - 12 gallon used

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Bought it yesterday, thinking to run just one of the lights and use it for freshwater - anybody have any experience with these or suggestions to share regarding modifications, etc?

Always liked the look of these, suppose I'll have to get ahold of an 'Edge" unit as well to further sate my curiosity.

bschuhart

Members
I bought a Fluval Flora last week and went to TFP and picked up plants yesterday and they happened to have an extra light (from a broken Flora kit) got that for half price ($13.00). So I'm running 26 watts of light now. I'll post a "Evolution of my Planted Nano" video soon.

It's been fun so far, I'm used to having big tanks.

DonkeyFish

Members
I go away for awhile and come back to find CCA all about planted tanks???? What's next? Dogs and cats sleeping together??

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I have two dozen+ tanks and they're all planted.

Not to GWAPA standards as such but not having plants is sort of like functionally and aesthetically precluding an extra dimension, at least for New World tanks. All my large community tanks look like underwater rainforests, which I suppose is/probably because that's where I'd be if I wasn't in DC.

Hawkman2000

Members
Whats with the planted tank probs, I've had java fern on wood for 10 years - no probs. Even with Jack Dempseys and convicts.