• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

It's Pond (Plant) Season!!!

JLW

CCA Members
Hey CCA-ers!

Batfish Aquatics has gone a little crazy....er. We just put together an incredible SEVENTEEN page list of pond plants. I didn't know there were enough pond plants out there to fill seventeen pages! In addition to your traditional lily plants, lotuses, and floaters, we have some really cool, unusual bog (marginal) plants, including five pages of native plants, plus orchids, and carnivorous plants.

The list is only available in a PDF Format. Get your browser out and visit:
http://www.batfishaquatics.com/docs/plantlist.pdf

Download the list, write down your fifty or sixty favourite plants, maybe whittle that down to something your spouse isn't going to kill you for, and e-mail your order into BatfishAquatics@gmail.com.

Orders are due on the 13th of April. They'll be available for pickup from Monday until Saturday, here in Silver Spring, or at the GWAPA meeting. I'm not sure where that's being hosted yet, but when we figure it out, I'll be there. :) They're plants, so they don't weight anything -- they're cheap to ship. If you want them shipped locally, it'll cost you about $10-15, depending just on what you order. (We can also ship them to you non-locally, too).

chriscoli

Administrator
O M G

That being said, there are several plants in the first part of the list (natives) that are not bog plants but are an must if you're doing a butterfly garden in this area! The Ascelpias tuberosa (orange flowers) does REALLY well in hot dry areas (mine is covered in monarch caterpillars every year). The Asclepias incarnata (pink flowers) does like moist areas and performed amazingly well in my yard last year and attracted the monarchs as well. Photos of both types from my yard last year:

IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4108.JPG

chriscoli

Administrator
HAHAHA so if I get EVERYTHING I want....it's over $800. I'd better pare my wishlist back a little bit!

JLW

CCA Members
Yes, do some research on the plants - some of them are very much so bog plants, and will grow with their roots submerged. Others are going to be around-the-edges marginals (and some are just moisture loving plants).

And there's no reason to pare back your list... just short Chris a little bit on the loan for the auto park. :)