• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is Tropical Lagoon on Georgia ave open ?

Becca

Members
Yes. I email with the owner regularly and have to go run some fish over there in the next couple of days.

They are really great about giving store credit/trades for fish.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Yes it is open and located in the basement adjacent to where it always has been located. There are about 6 meter spots to park on the side road parallel with Georgia Ave as well as many more metered parking spots in the lot just South of the store.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I been there once. Probably wont go back. Dude was not in a good mood or just unpleasant and honestly, I felt bad for all the fish, the parrot, and the dog.

Becca

Members
I was just there today. Steve is a bit tough, but I've also been going there for 10+ years and my husband has been going there since he was a kid.

I often find fish I would not find elsewhere - badis, uncommon anabantoids, etc. I stopped by the first time with "free samples of some of my stuff and to talk to Steve about the local clubs. I've never had any trouble keeping fish I bought there alive. He'll even special order stuff and always has parts for Aqua Clears and Eheims, and will order parts he doesn't have in stock. The tortoise is 30 years old and only kept the in the fall and winter.

Of course, after multiple warnings, my mom tried to pet the terrier today, so who knows if he'll welcome me back. She's worse than my kids!

rawdeakka

Members
Purchased my 120 from him. I can see where one might think he is unpleasant, but i wouldn’t really call it that. He’s very interesting to say the least and i would do business with him if he had something i was interested in.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Stopped by TL yesterday, parked right in front using metered parking. Small world, I ran into Joe who owned Showcase aquarium in Wheaton and Ken who owned Totally Fish-a store in the shopping center at the corner of Bel Pre Rd and Layhill Rd. Sadly Joe's lead employee back in the 80's/90's Jim(tall with lots of tattoo's) passed away 2 years ago from Drug overdose.