• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Introduction

Becca

Members
Hi, my name is Becca and, after 7 or 8 years out of the hobby, I'm getting back into working with small aquariums. I got my start as a wee child with carnival goldfish, built my first koi pond in high school and a second (with help) in college. While earning my undergraduate degree I worked at the Aquarium Center in Randallstown for several years and began keeping small planted aquariums stocked with small fish and shrimp.

After that I worked for Dennis Hare at Roraima Tropicals for about a year and a half while earning my graduate degree in Sociology. There I bred Angels, Danios, Tetras, White Clouds, Rasboras, Rams, Kribs, Corys, Ancistrus Plecos, and dwarf frogs.

Some favorites were Checkerboard Cichlids, Scarlet Badis, Ctenopoma ansorgii, Sparkling Gouramis, White Clouds, and Chocolate Gouramis. I have a thing for labyrinth fish (I know, boring) and teeny-tiny planted aquariums (10 gallons or smaller). I also like brown fish.

I've also helped my husband keep-up his 150 gallon tank of Piranhas and Rafael cats for the past 10 years (and 2 moves). We've got 4 big, beautiful red-bellies to show for it, and 5 fat-cats.

I started back in slow with a 6 gallon Edge that I got for my birthday a couple of years ago, but when I began decorating our nursery my fish-fanaticism kicked back into overdrive. So my son will grow up with a One-Fish Two-Fish themed room, complete with wall mounted, planted acrylic bowls with Red Fish and Blue Fish.

My most recent project is blown glass "pond" with a center "pillar" that I'm trying to find small labyrinth fish for... with no more room in the house for fish, I couldn't help but start a little something in my office...

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sounds like you've kept some very interesting fish, Becca. :)

Welcome to the club. You should definitely come and check out AquaMania next month.

Becca

Members
Thanks. I will definitely be at the marketplace. I'm still debating the rest of Aquamania mainly because I've got a 4 m/o at home and might be hosting an adoption event for All Shepherd Rescue that Saturday.