• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

In the water...

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
As Tannin becomes a bit better known among aquarium hobbyists, we're starting to see all sorts of people bringing all sorts of new ideas to the table. Its a very exciting time, not only for us as a company, but for the hobby itself, because of all the new energy.

IMG_3982_4c7aeae4-80c1-46a1-8e5e-99c2a5ef9486_large.JPG

We receive a fair amount of questions from hobbyists who want to create, say, a "Rio Madiera biotope aquarium", and would like to know which botanicals would work. I understand this good question, and how it is very important to many of you. Here's the thing- Tannin was largely developed because I had a desire to curate and make available natural aquascaping materials (beyond just wood) to help create natural-looking displays.

IMG_4343_large.JPG

In other words, our mission was to help fellow aquatic hobbyists to create "biotope-like" aquariums, vivariums, paludariums, ripariums, and other aquatic features with the materials we offer being more broadly representative of materials you'd find in the natural waterways of tropical regions. (I prefer the expression "natural-style" or "biotope-style" aquarium, BTW). (click to read more)