• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

In-person meetings this Fall?

IndianaSam

CCA Members
First, I just want to apologize if this is the wrong section for this question or is a taboo subject.

Secondly, does anyone know if we're planning to have in-person meetings in the upcoming season? I have fry that I'd love to turn in for BAP, but I'm just going to sell them if it looks unlikely that we'll be having meetings. I also really miss talking to fellow fish-keepers even if too many of you are into Rift Valley Lake cichlids instead of South American dwarves ;-)

Thanks,
Sam

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Sam,

I think that the answer to that, with the Delta Variant running around right now is ... no one knows.
I have seen a lot of groups and clubs dial back in person meetings. I'm hopeful that we'll be getting back to it, soon, though. With that said, I know that both PVAS and CCA are planning on having autumn events of some sort, which will likely include at least one big sale event.

Also, I think the BAP requirement for donating fry was temporarily suspended for obvious reasons? A board member would likely know better than I.

Becca

Members
I think BAP is temporarily suspended because we don't have a chair :-(.

What have you got?

IndianaSam

CCA Members
Hey Sam,

I think that the answer to that, with the Delta Variant running around right now is ... no one knows.
I have seen a lot of groups and clubs dial back in person meetings. I'm hopeful that we'll be getting back to it, soon, though. With that said, I know that both PVAS and CCA are planning on having autumn events of some sort, which will likely include at least one big sale event.

Also, I think the BAP requirement for donating fry was temporarily suspended for obvious reasons? A board member would likely know better than I.
I figured the answer could be "no one knows", but had hoped that it had been discussed. Nice to know that autumn events are being planned.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I think BAP is temporarily suspended because we don't have a chair :-(.

What have you got?
I just retired from coaching my son's ice hockey team (after contracting COVID at our final game of the season, two days before my first vaccine shot) so I have more free time. What's required of the BAP chair?

Acara19 Acara19 and Becca Becca I have f1 Apistogramma allpahuayo (and maybe my breeders) as well as A. baenschi (and probably my breeding pair) as well as a few male A. cacatuoides. Like I said, I'd rather turn them in for BAP, but I need to free up some tank space because my Keyholes and Bolivian rams just spawned.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'd have to look at BAP rules but I thought board members could verify them without them needing to be sold?

Would be great if you were willing to take over the role Sam!

Leffler817

CCA Members
There were two checks(?) if you want to call them that. One is posting photos of your fry on the forum. The second “check” is went they’ve grown out to an 1” for sale. Per the rules, the 1” verification needed to be in person. Then as Becca said there is a points bonus for auctioning your fish. Also, you get to keep your split of the auction proceeds.

Becca

Members
I'd imagine, due to the pandemic, we could probably update the verification. Also, the 1" has always been somewhat flexible. I think there might be an "or X Days/weeks old" alternative. I've received points for several species that were not yet 1" (mostly because they barely/rarely get to 1" as adults).

JLW

CCA Members
Yea, I think posting 90-days after your spawn pictures of the fry, is adequate.

Also, by the power vested in me by virtue of being me, I hereby promote Sam to the position of BAP Chair.
Note that this doesn't actually mean anything, but there you go. Pretend it does and start going after people for BAP submissions, revise the rules, run wild with it until someone with actual authority either tells you to knock it off, or says "good job!"

Becca

Members
Yea, I think posting 90-days after your spawn pictures of the fry, is adequate.

Also, by the power vested in me by virtue of being me, I hereby promote Sam to the position of BAP Chair.
Note that this doesn't actually mean anything, but there you go. Pretend it does and start going after people for BAP submissions, revise the rules, run wild with it until someone with actual authority either tells you to knock it off, or says "good job!"
I second this.🤣

JLW

CCA Members
I consider the LOL-react from the actual club vice president to be a construed endorsement of my appointment of you to BAP Chair. ;)